Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recycled Programs Really Bug Me...

I thought Victor used that same program for many years longer than that.

sure disliked his dog one too.

What would Brian Boitano do?
    Doesn't bother me at all if they recycle a good program. Love O&L short. Love Jenny's Chicago.

Seems pretty often skaters keep one or the other program for 2 seasons. Makes sense to me.

Of course, some skaters pick new music, but do the same routine with a slight variation, maybe the dress color. Oh well, that's okay too.

Skating Freak Barbie
    I think it annoys me because it affects my sense of "fairness". Like, it's not fair that one skater or pair has taken all the effort and work to put forward into new music, new costumes, new program, new moves, etc, and a different person or pair just reuses the "same old thing". I can understand when there has been illness or injury to be dealt with, maybe that needs to be done....but in other cases, it rather annoys me.

Kasey

Custom Title
    If I hear "Swan Lake" one more time....I WILL SCREAM!!! lol

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Then again, there have been some skaters in the past -- I'm not going to name names because that'll just start a whole firestorm I don't want to start, especially with Nationals going on [Perhaps I'll save it for the off season when we need more to talk about.... ] who actually DO present new programs every year BUT the new programs pretty much look like the last 4 or 5 new programs they'd come up with in previous seasons so they may as well be using the SOS.... :sheesh:

I think "Originality of Music/Theme" should be part of the Choreography score in the CoP. I was just thinking of this last night but more in the vein of people who do the same programs that have been done a thousand times. If I never hear the music from Carmen again, it'll be too soon!!! They could have that part of the originality score and just reward those who choose an innovative piece of music, something thta hasn't been done to death or choose a new program.

About Sale and Pelletier: They had actually put together a new LP for the Olympics (Tristan and Isolde). The few times they performed it, Jamie had dismal performances. They decided to use Love Story for the Olympics to put the ghosts of the the Tristan and Isolde program to rest thinking that Love Story would put Jamie more at ease and in mind for a good skate. They were sure right that way.
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 01-15-2005 at 09:56 AM.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama

About Sale and Pelletier: They had actually put together a new LP for the Olympics (Tristan and Isolde). The few times they performed it, Jamie had dismal performances. They decided to use Love Story for the Olympics to put the ghosts of the the Tristan and Isolde program to rest thinking that Love Story would put Jamie more at ease and in mind for a good skate. They were sure right that way.
    Actually -- Tristan & Isolde was the program they used during the 00-01 season, and the program they won the Worlds with. The new program they come up with the next season was actually a piece called "Orchid" (he was supposed to be the stem and she the flower or something like that) but it was a little out there and it didn't really catch on; it was considered to be a little too "avant-garde" for them and it didn't really capture the audience as much as LS or T & I did, so they then decided to go with Love Story at the Olys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2