Recycled Programs Really Bug Me... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Recycled Programs Really Bug Me...

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I think "Originality of Music/Theme" should be part of the Choreography score in the CoP. I was just thinking of this last night but more in the vein of people who do the same programs that have been done a thousand times. If I never hear the music from Carmen again, it'll be too soon!!! They could have that part of the originality score and just reward those who choose an innovative piece of music, something thta hasn't been done to death or choose a new program.

About Sale and Pelletier: They had actually put together a new LP for the Olympics (Tristan and Isolde). The few times they performed it, Jamie had dismal performances. They decided to use Love Story for the Olympics to put the ghosts of the the Tristan and Isolde program to rest thinking that Love Story would put Jamie more at ease and in mind for a good skate. They were sure right that way.

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Sk8n Mama said:
About Sale and Pelletier: They had actually put together a new LP for the Olympics (Tristan and Isolde). The few times they performed it, Jamie had dismal performances. They decided to use Love Story for the Olympics to put the ghosts of the the Tristan and Isolde program to rest thinking that Love Story would put Jamie more at ease and in mind for a good skate. They were sure right that way.

Actually -- Tristan & Isolde was the program they used during the 00-01 season, and the program they won the Worlds with. The new program they come up with the next season was actually a piece called "Orchid" (he was supposed to be the stem and she the flower or something like that) but it was a little out there and it didn't really catch on; it was considered to be a little too "avant-garde" for them and it didn't really capture the audience as much as LS or T & I did, so they then decided to go with Love Story at the Olys.