Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sasha's Journal (spoiler for SP)

Custom Title

Sasha's Journal (spoiler for SP)

http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

Sasha has a new journal entry where she expresses condolences for Angela, talks about her new costumes and explains the near collision with MK.

On the Ice
    Sasha is making it sound like Michelle is the one that was about to collide with her, while the press plays it the other way. These conflicting reports: which one is it?

Well, do I really care? nobody got hurt. Let the competition continue.

I didn't get the feeling that Sasha was blaming Michelle. Sasha's curve was "deeper than expected," so Sasha was the one whose trajectory could not be judged by the other skaters who were trying to stay out of each others' way.

Mathman

Down With It
    While I'm somewhat surprised that Cohen and Kwan had a near thing AGAIN, it seems to me that people are just trying to create a villain that's not there. I don't know, it would seem odd to me that Cohen would do that deliberately(sp?) to unnerve Kwan. But the key here is, Kwan waved it off and they went back to their own business. They both got past it; apparently some fans haven't.

My intention is not to defend either Cohen or Kwan here; I'm just stating my thoughts. I don't know for sure what's on everyone's mind. But I'm waving it off as an accident, and they are too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    They both got past it; apparently some fans haven't.

My intention is not to defend either Cohen or Kwan here; I'm just stating my thoughts. I don't know for sure what's on everyone's mind. But I'm waving it off as an accident, and they are too.
    Actually this is relatively a non issue, but whoever decided to defend Cohen started at the ladies sp thread at the 05 nationals folder by saying "lets see how soon it will take for there to be a Cohen bashfest" IMO some Cohen defenders jumped the gun, and started jumping on others throat on this one.
    Last edited by gezando; 01-16-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Custom Title
    I'm just waiting with bated breath for the next journal entry that explains what went wrong in the FS. Maybe the damp air from the ice storm? Timmy's salty tears melted the ice in that spot? She was having so much fun that she forgot she was about to jump?

Rinkside
    It better be good!!!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    I'm just waiting with bated breath for the next journal entry that explains what went wrong in the FS. Maybe the damp air from the ice storm? Timmy's salty tears melted the ice in that spot? She was having so much fun that she forgot she was about to jump?

I have heard from other fans out in Portland that Sasha has been cutting off Kimmie and Katy as well preventing them from completing their jumps in the warm-up.

I think it may appear to look that way but my take is that she is a pushy type of person and just skates her thing with disregard of others. It's not that she is deliberately blocking a skater, it is just that she moves in such a manner that it becomes incumbent on others to steer clear of her.

Joe

Custom Title
    I agree, joesitz. But a skater who goes about doing her own thing without any awareness of or concern for others around her may not intend to intimidate others, but her thoughtless behavior puts everyone in danger--including herself.

Sasha may not be malicious, but she sure is egocentric. She once said in an interview that she doesn't have any (female) skaters as friends, and I can see why.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I have heard from other fans out in Portland that Sasha has been cutting off Kimmie and Katy as well preventing them from completing their jumps in the warm-up.
    Really? wow...

I think it may appear to look that way but my take is that she is a pushy type of person and just skates her thing with disregard of others. It's not that she is deliberately blocking a skater, it is just that she moves in such a manner that it becomes incumbent on others to steer clear of her.

Joe
    Looks like I'm going to agree with this. There seem to be reports of events like this at almost EVERY competition she practices in. I also agree with the egocentric comment- maybe she doesn't really care as long as she does HER thing.

The times that I have watched practices and warm-ups, it does often seem like everyone else is going around one way, and Sasha is going her way, disrupting the flow.

Mathman

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    The times that I have watched practices and warm-ups, it does often seem like everyone else is going around one way, and Sasha is going her way, disrupting the flow.

Mathman
    You know, this made me think of something...do you think she would like bumper cars?

Custom Title
    It sounds like Sasha sees Kimmie and Katy as threats. It's Sasha's attitude and behaviors that make fans of figure skating think of her as a "bratt." She is 20 years old now, and cutting off, shadowing etc...is NOT cute. Why doesn't someone talk to Cohen about her childish behaviors? She wasn't pulling that stuff with Robin. Robin wouldn't tolerate such immature action.
    I guess Kimmie showed Sasha that she won't be intimidated. I can't wait until next Nationals..

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

What Goes Around Comes Around..

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman

Mathman
    I really believe that, and at least in my life it's been absolutely true. If Sasha really does warm up with no regard at all for the other skaters, then I suspect the Skate Gods even things up in their own way.

DG

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast