Sasha's Journal (spoiler for SP) | Golden Skate

Sasha's Journal (spoiler for SP)

ritymeez

Rinkside
Sasha is making it sound like Michelle is the one that was about to collide with her, while the press plays it the other way. These conflicting reports: which one is it?

Well, do I really care? nobody got hurt. Let the competition continue. :biggrin:

I didn't get the feeling that Sasha was blaming Michelle. Sasha's curve was "deeper than expected," so Sasha was the one whose trajectory could not be judged by the other skaters who were trying to stay out of each others' way.

Mathman

R.D.

Record Breaker
While I'm somewhat surprised that Cohen and Kwan had a near thing AGAIN, it seems to me that people are just trying to create a villain that's not there. I don't know, it would seem odd to me that Cohen would do that deliberately(sp?) to unnerve Kwan. But the key here is, Kwan waved it off and they went back to their own business. They both got past it; apparently some fans haven't.

My intention is not to defend either Cohen or Kwan here; I'm just stating my thoughts. I don't know for sure what's on everyone's mind. But I'm waving it off as an accident, and they are too.

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
They both got past it; apparently some fans haven't.

My intention is not to defend either Cohen or Kwan here; I'm just stating my thoughts. I don't know for sure what's on everyone's mind. But I'm waving it off as an accident, and they are too.

Actually this is relatively a non issue, but whoever decided to defend Cohen started at the ladies sp thread at the 05 nationals folder by saying "lets see how soon it will take for there to be a Cohen bashfest" IMO some Cohen defenders jumped the gun, and started jumping on others throat on this one.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm just waiting with bated breath for the next journal entry that explains what went wrong in the FS. Maybe the damp air from the ice storm? Timmy's salty tears melted the ice in that spot? She was having so much fun that she forgot she was about to jump?

R.D.

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
I'm just waiting with bated breath for the next journal entry that explains what went wrong in the FS. Maybe the damp air from the ice storm? Timmy's salty tears melted the ice in that spot? She was having so much fun that she forgot she was about to jump?

:rofl:

I have heard from other fans out in Portland that Sasha has been cutting off Kimmie and Katy as well preventing them from completing their jumps in the warm-up.

I think it may appear to look that way but my take is that she is a pushy type of person and just skates her thing with disregard of others. It's not that she is deliberately blocking a skater, it is just that she moves in such a manner that it becomes incumbent on others to steer clear of her.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
I agree, joesitz. But a skater who goes about doing her own thing without any awareness of or concern for others around her may not intend to intimidate others, but her thoughtless behavior puts everyone in danger--including herself.

Sasha may not be malicious, but she sure is egocentric. She once said in an interview that she doesn't have any (female) skaters as friends, and I can see why.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I have heard from other fans out in Portland that Sasha has been cutting off Kimmie and Katy as well preventing them from completing their jumps in the warm-up.

Really? wow...

I think it may appear to look that way but my take is that she is a pushy type of person and just skates her thing with disregard of others. It's not that she is deliberately blocking a skater, it is just that she moves in such a manner that it becomes incumbent on others to steer clear of her.

Joe

Looks like I'm going to agree with this. There seem to be reports of events like this at almost EVERY competition she practices in. I also agree with the egocentric comment- maybe she doesn't really care as long as she does HER thing.

The times that I have watched practices and warm-ups, it does often seem like everyone else is going around one way, and Sasha is going her way, disrupting the flow.

Mathman

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
The times that I have watched practices and warm-ups, it does often seem like everyone else is going around one way, and Sasha is going her way, disrupting the flow.

Mathman

You know, this made me think of something...do you think she would like bumper cars? :laugh:

Fossi

Final Flight
It sounds like Sasha sees Kimmie and Katy as threats. It's Sasha's attitude and behaviors that make fans of figure skating think of her as a "bratt." She is 20 years old now, and cutting off, shadowing etc...is NOT cute. Why doesn't someone talk to Cohen about her childish behaviors? She wasn't pulling that stuff with Robin. Robin wouldn't tolerate such immature action.
I guess Kimmie showed Sasha that she won't be intimidated. I can't wait until next Nationals.. :rock:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
What Goes Around Comes Around..

Mathman said:

Mathman
I really believe that, and at least in my life it's been absolutely true. If Sasha really does warm up with no regard at all for the other skaters, then I suspect the Skate Gods even things up in their own way.

DG

eternalacer

Rinkside
Tacky, Tacky, Tacky

I think I'm gonna puke. How does an elite athlete have a website that exploits themself? She even had a contest for the best christmas story awarding winners "gold" "silver" and "bronze" and everybody else honorable mentions. Who's she to judge? I find her website repulsing.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
If Sasha really does warm up with no regard at all for the other skaters, then I suspect the Skate Gods even things up in their own way.

DG

Interesting way of putting it. Indeed, what goes around comes around. It's the karma...

Just to be a little "out" I'm going to say it: Cohen is done, she is a failure, a diva, she can't get herself together when it counts, and Kimmie and all the upcoming skaters in the U.S. and world will catch up and place ahead of her if she doesn't watch out.
:cool: :laugh: ;) :p

(before you rip into me, that last comment was tongue in cheek.)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
have not read the replies to this but I am not surprised that the media is trying to say their darling Michelle was viciously attacked by the eville Sasha. In fact the people I sat with and I all said "guess what the writers get to write about tonight" it's completely stupid... you want someone to blame? blame both, because they both went up and landed and headed towards each other...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
eternalacer said:
I think I'm gonna puke. How does an elite athlete have a website that exploits themself? She even had a contest for the best christmas story awarding winners "gold" "silver" and "bronze" and everybody else honorable mentions. Who's she to judge? I find her website repulsing.

aren't all official websites about showing the best of that person(s)??? There are many other skaters that have journals and fun fan things to do. Considering it's her management in charge of the stupid thing there's no doubt it's going to sound very much like bragging :sheesh: get over the whole thing. If you don't like her site, DON'T GO :sheesh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:

Joe

I saw it much differently... Kimme and Katy seemed to want to warm up wherever Michelle and Sasha were skating... Michelle cut them off several times as well.