Thoughts on Men's SP Broadcast | Golden Skate

Thoughts on Men's SP Broadcast

ESPN2 broadcast the Men's SP late Friday night. What do people think after seeing the programs vs. the reports?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hi RGirl........long time no hear....... :)

Never being much of a Matt Savoie fan, I was totally blown away by his performance. I loved his skating, the choreography and the music, it all fit and he was wonderful. It was the highlight of the men's short and I felt he should have placed higher than he did, at least above Lysacek.....

That said, raise your hand if you totally hate the "sky cam". For me, it diminished spins and jumps and I felt like I was sitting in the "cheap seats" instead of "rinkside"..........42

Last edited:

ladybug

On the Ice
Show, I am with you. The sky-cam sucks. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Tim skated with more feeling than I have ever seen before however, he just broke my heart. He seems to be a very caring individual.

Ladybug

Vash01

Medalist
I thought Lysacek was held up. Matt savoie had a wonderful program that will do well under the COP. I absolutely loved his SP.

Michael Weiss- this program did nothing for me. He placed below Matt and that was correct.

Johnny Weir was good, even with a few minor flaws.

The night belonged to Tim. Loved his quad-double combo. Loved his choreography and emotion more. I was happy that the judges rewarded him.

I wish they had shown more men skaters- Ryan Janhke and a few younger skaters.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
In the past we have been able to see 7 mens SP's so I felt a little cheated. Good old basketball. I knew that Jahnke had had a lot of difficulties so I really didn't want to see that. It's embarrassing, IMO, to see a talented skater bomb. I would have liked to have seen Shaun Rogers & Scott Smith. I had the impression at least 1 skater was chacked. Probably, Scott. But I take what I can get.