Alright, Oscar time, who gets your nod for Best Female Performer of a Skating Decade? Again, I will list my frontrunners, if you guys have any to add please feel free.
Well, this is an obvious choice for me. No one has touched me more than Michelle Kwan during this time period. She was so consistent and beautiful to watch, delivering memorable performances one after the other. And, after losing to Tara in 98, she accepted it with grace I could never muster.
1. Michelle Kwan
2. Kristi Yamaguchi (Solid as a rock)
3. Chen Lu (96 Worlds is enough alone!)
4. Midori Ito (WOW!)
5. Oksana Baiul (So beautiful, yet so unstable)
6. Tara Lipinski (So driven)
7. Nancy Kerrigan
8. Yuka Sato
9. Irina Slutskaya (Didn't come to like her until 2000s)
10. Maria Butirskaya (Awesome at 99 Worlds)
11. Surya Bonaly (She tried so hard)
12. Tonya Harding (UUGGH!
*Jill Trenary - Haven't seen enough of her performances to accurately say