Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Do It - US Nationals Rusty Hanger Awards

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

Gotta Do It - US Nationals Rusty Hanger Awards

I'm pleased to say that I haven't seen THAT many costumes that are down right horrible. In terms of an "all event award" I still say Michael's tattoo thingy takes the cake so far. What REALLY scared me was Dick's favorable comment which made me think DICK might just go out and get one himself. YIKES!! Wish I could remember Dick's exact remark, but I'll write it down when I watch re-runs tomorrow.

While I don't think it's completely horrid, I'm not crazy about Sasha's SP costume. The keyhole thing is ..... WHY???? and I don't care for those cheap looking gold thingys, whatever they are.

I also think Bebe should drop that flag thing on her arm. It reminds me of the flags you have to put on a long item that sticks out the back of your pickup truck.

PLEASE NOTE....my snarking over costume opinions has nothing to do with my opinions about anyone's skating skills. This is just for fun.

DG
    Last edited by Doggygirl; 01-15-2005 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    In terms of an "all event award" I still say Michael's tattoo thingy takes the cake so far. What REALLY scared me was Dick's favorable comment which made me think DICK might just go out and get one himself. YIKES!! Wish I could remember Dick's exact remark, but I'll write it down when I watch re-runs tomorrow.
    What really blew me (and apparently Terry Gannon) away, was when Dick said that he preferred Kashmir over Stairway To Heaven. And to think that all these years, I had him pegged as a guy who went home at night and listened to nothing but Beethoven and Mozart.

ITA Idle...

Once could continue replaying these events long after each skating program has been memorized, just to write a short story with Dick's noteable quotes.

Mean time, Inoue is a STRONG contender for the Wedgie Award. Too bad too...I really do like that costume. If only the skirt were a couple inches longer, and the tush stayed hidden. It might be too early to GIVE her this award...who knows what wedgies we might see in the Ladies free skate...

DG

Woman of the Waters
    Not a fan of Weir's outfit. Just isn't my cup of tea. That and Weiss as well. Other than that, the men's and the women's (the short) costumes were decent. Not gaudy or too simple.
    Last edited by Kuchana; 01-15-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuchana
    Not a fan of Weir's outfit. Just isn't my cup of tea. That and Weiss as well. Other than that, the men's and the women's costumes were decent. Not gaudy or too simple.
    yeah, while I love the color of the LP outfit Johnny wears, maybe it has a tad too many things on, but hey if he likes it, what can I do? I do prefer his Rondo Capriccioso outfit, red and black. It's colorful but sort of sober at the same time. It has just what it needs, nothing more, nothing less.

Weir's LP costume looks like a giant snake has shed all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Weir's LP costume looks like a giant snake has shed all over it.
    Shed... yup, that's a good word. I was thinking of another word that starts with the same two letters, but yours is probably a better choice considering that this is a G-rated board! I love Johnny, but that costume is really hideous.

Ladies LP costumes are gorgeous so far......oh I just saw Bebe's and it looks like they ran out of material on the front and back..

Mike's tatoo shirt is the only one I found offensive, ugly, or any other negative adjective you want to use.

Rinkside
    I nominate Rena Inoue not because the costume was awful, but because she had the worst wedgie i've ever seen EVER. i was so distracted thinking she needed to pick it. honestly, women should not wear underware that look like they come from an 80s workout video like the russians do.

on the other hand, i think the women had gorgeous long program dresses, my favorites being jenny and sasha. i liked michelle's but while she was warming up, the skirt caught on to the dress in the back and you could see her underware. dresses shouldn't do that.

ITA on Rena!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anazetra
    I nominate Rena Inoue not because the costume was awful, but because she had the worst wedgie i've ever seen EVER. i was so distracted thinking she needed to pick it. honestly, women should not wear underware that look like they come from an 80s workout video like the russians do.

on the other hand, i think the women had gorgeous long program dresses, my favorites being jenny and sasha. i liked michelle's but while she was warming up, the skirt caught on to the dress in the back and you could see her underware. dresses shouldn't do that.
    Also noticed Michelle's little malfunction in the warmup. I was thinking to myself, "GEEZ I hope that skirt doesn't catch like that AND she get a wedgie." Thankfully that didin't happen.

So I guess our big awards are:

Rena - Wedgie.
    Mike - Rusty Hanger
    Johnny - Worst Use of Dead Animal Skin

Any others?

DG

Ya gotta add that big 'ole fake flesh river running down the front and back of BeBe.

My 5 and 7 y/o nephews were watching with me and one wanted to know why Katie and Garret had "too much jewelry on their clothes"? Also, when Sasha was doing her final spin in her SP the 5 y/o started laughing the 7 y/o said "Aunt Patti you need to give Colby a time out. He's making fun of that girl who's leg fell off."

Custom Title
    I actually REALLY liked Bebe's dress! I think it was a bit too open for a 16 year old, but I think it really suited her program.

I also liked Katy Taylor's dress.

Pink is not Sasha's color.

Speaking of jewerly, I think it is Kimmie who has to tone down with all the rings, bracelets and chains!

I did not like the outfits Katie and Garret wore (Peggy, on the other hand, really liked them!). Charles and Beata's costumes (2002) were much more suited for the music.

Yana

LOL Piel!

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Ya gotta add that big 'ole fake flesh river running down the front and back of BeBe.

My 5 and 7 y/o nephews were watching with me and one wanted to know why Katie and Garret had "too much jewelry on their clothes"? Also, when Sasha was doing her final spin in her SP the 5 y/o started laughing the 7 y/o said "Aunt Patti you need to give Colby a time out. He's making fun of that girl who's leg fell off."
    I wasn't nuts about BB's costume either. I think there might be some logic behind it. She seems physically to be on the shorter more muscular side compared to the more slender, lanky / leggy gals. So a costume that has some strong vertical lines makes some sense. BUT...if that indeed was the goal, and I don't know that, I'm not sure the river of vertical flesh was the best way to accomplish that.

While that one legged looking spin of Sasha's is yet another demonstration of her incredible flexability and spinnability, I too find it really disturbing in that she looks like her leg got chopped off.

Kids definitely say the darndest things!!!

DG

Custom Title
    Okay I hate to say it but I hated Michelle's long program dress. It didn't work for me. I don't like gold nor do I think it looks good on Michelle. I hated the gold plated texture. I didn't like the cut of the dress either.

I loved both of Sasha's costume. The dark eyes costume worked well on camera. I loved the detail. The long program dress was beautiful as well. However a cooler toned pink would have looked better on her.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast