Ladies Lp - Spoiler | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies Lp - Spoiler

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
He was discussing the music.

SENSUOUS implies gratification of the senses for the sake of aesthetic pleasure <the sensuous delights of great music>.

CLIMAX culmination,: the point of highest dramatic tension or a major turning point in the action

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Even though Matt Savoie did not win the men's LP, I liked his program and performance most. I feel the same about BeBe. She really attacked her program. Maybe pressing a bit much on the spins, a bit frantic, but I liked the choreographyand she really delivered. MIchelle had me at moments but I was not into the thing all the way through. Love the new spin variations and for the most part her spins seemed a bit faster. Her jumps are sometimes much bigger. Could not tell about footwork section due to the shots from the SmuckCam. Like the opening moves. But the program in it's entirety didn't do anything for me. Sasha had this smile plastered on her face but it don't think she was enjoying herself much. She seemed to be holding back. Even her spins seemed sub par for her. Jenny (and maybe everyone else) might have been shaken by Kimmie's performance. I did see an improvement in Jenny's layback and some nicely choreographed moments but this is the worst thing LN has ever done. Boring choreography and blandly performed. I was not that impressed with Kimmie but I think she could be a threat to Michelle and Sasha as early as next year. They should both be happy COP is being used because with the 6.0 system those jumps and more speed on the spins could put her atop the podium. I actually think the 3x was a bit cheated. Did they ratify it? And she skates like a junior. So as I said, for me it was all BeBe and as much as I love Jenny I think Liang should have been third (if not second) in the LP and she would be going to Worlds. Then again, she's only 16 and will get there.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Miscellaneous Comments:

ITA agree with thisthingcalledlove about Meissner being reminiscent of a consistent Carolina Kostner; that's exactly who she reminded me of as well. However, I think she has more polish than Kostner; there is a certain maturity to her overall skating that is way ahead of being 15. This, however, does not surprise me as I saw her at an exhibition after she won the Novice title and thought she was the most talented 13-year-old I'd ever seen.

Christine Brennan was annoying and scary. I thought her "finest moment" :sheesh: was when she interviewed Michelle and then brought up Angela's mom. Way to put a damper on Michelle's record-tying historical moment! Michelle looked like she was fighting back tears when the interview was over. I felt it was a completely inappropriate time to bring THAT up.

I'm not sure where Uncle Dick was going with that whole "sensual" theme re. Bolero; this was another case where he kind of grabbed on to some theme for his commentary and kept at it; I don't feel he actually crossed a line, but he certainly raised my eyebrows a couple of times.

I too heard Michelle say something about Moscow in a "couple of weeks"; I assumed it was because she was still a bit winded from skating her program and her mind was a little elsewhere.

Lotta

On the Ice
Christine Brennan was annoying and scary.

:rofl: I laughed my head off when she came up to Michelle when she left the K&C and Michelle ignored her for a bit.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
d12p said:
Dick Button was very inappropriate and unproffesional. He was talking about Michelle's program as if it was sexual intercourse. Maybe ABC will kick him and Christine Brennan off.

The comment about that doesn't scare me as much as calling the skaters, "Delicious little things..." did a few years ago, or the comment about spanking Nicole Bobek...

Come to think of it...didn't Liz Manley skate to "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" back in 87 in her Gigi program? :rofl:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Michelle, Irina and Worlds

IIRC, heading into 2001 Worlds, Irina had been undefeated -- including a few wins over Michelle, and at Nats, Michelle got 6.0s for a program wherein (among other things) she doubled a planned triple. Pattern?