All Props due to the Kween | Golden Skate

All Props due to the Kween

bronxgirl

Medalist
It wasn't her best skate, she wasn't happy with it, but she is the nine time US National Womans Champion. I personally am hoping that she is saving that perfect classic performance of Bolero for Worlds - I miss the classic Irina-Michelle rivalry. All hail the Kween!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Vash01

Medalist
Yes, congratulations Michelle! The end of her performance kind of spoiled it but it was a pretty good performance. I don't think it was worthy of 6.0's but it was good enough to win tonight. What a fighter! There was so much pressure on her to win the 9th US title, and she delivered.

Lotta

On the Ice
I wouldn't mind if she went over the four minute mark to do her slide. I know it wasn't her best but she got her title. That's what I like. :)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Huge congrats to Michelle.

There are thousands of people in the world who WISH on their best day, they could be as good as Michelle is on a mediocre day.

DG

R.D.

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
There are thousands of people in the world who WISH on their best day, they could be as good as Michelle is on a mediocre day.

DG

ITA with that. Kwan may not have really sold her program but the bottom line was it was good enough to win, and that's what matters. But she'll have some work to do before worlds.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I said before that Kwan will win, and she did. hehe

I actually like Bolero (the song) - I may be one of the few here. For this reason I really wanted to see Kwan do this program here. It was good, I thought, but she didn't really sell it like I see her typically do at Nationals. Also, she was off the beat towards the end. I was left a little disappointed but we may see more at worlds. IMO she deserved this win, but the love fest IMO was a bit too much and she didn't deserve 6.0's, or maybe even 5.9's for this. But considering it's Nationals it may not be too far off. I think she felt the pressure of Number Nine and it prevented her from really attacking. But she got Number Nine anyway, so doesn't really matter, does it :laugh:

Good program though. However (aside from Meissner's 3A) I thought this was a bit disappointing ladies LP, that this performance was able to win Nationals. I like a good competition, and this wasn't quite one...

Well said Doggygirl and Red Dog, ITA. Even a subpar performance, subpar compared to Michelle's usual blow-the-roof-off National's LPs, was in a whole other league relative to the rest of the field.

What a beautiful skater and role model to tie Maribel Vinson Owen's record. I expect Michelle will break it next year.

I'm dating myself, but all I can do is get on my knees, bow, and say, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

:agree: :agree: :agree: !!!Michelle Wins Nine!!! :agree: :agree: :agree:

Rgirl

R.D.

Record Breaker
What a beautiful skater and role model to tie Maribel Vinson Owen's record. I expect Michelle will break it next year.

I will go with that prediction too. In fact, I will go as far to say she will win all Nationals comps. she enters until she retires.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Where in the world have you been Red? Hiding???:) :p

I just saw Michelle's program. Wasn't really disappointed but satisfied. She didn't skate as bad as some people were making it out to be. The only mistake she made was doubling the lutez and going over the music. Other than that, I enjoyed this program....even more than Marshall's...I can definitely see some improvement and I believe she will continue to make more for Worlds....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Exactly, Kuchana. I made the mistake of reading posts at another figure skating site and you would have thought it was the worst performance of all time. I was shocked to see how solid it was. Not her most emotional program, but it's hard to emote sometimes on "demand". And she's certainly not the first or last skater to be off a bit on her music.....big deal. Huge props to Michelle..........42

Kuchana

On the Ice
show 42 said:
Exactly, Kuchana. I made the mistake of reading posts at another figure skating site and you would have thought it was the worst performance of all time. I was shocked to see how solid it was. Not her most emotional program, but it's hard to emote sometimes on "demand". And she's certainly not the first or last skater to be off a bit on her music.....big deal. Huge props to Michelle..........42

True. Which teaches me in the future to not pay heed to them, especially at FSW of all places.

I loved the expression on her face when she finished...she was mad at herself! :laugh: She knows she's capable of better.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kuchana said:
Huh??? Why??? :)

What's the fun in being spoiled when the broadcast is only a day away? The real thrill of competition comes in watching an event live, IMO. That's the cool thing to me about skating.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
What's the fun in being spoiled when the broadcast is only a day away? The real thrill of competition comes in watching an event live, IMO. That's the cool thing to me about skating.

Oh ok...I admire your fortitude but I'm the type that has to know right away! :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I also agree that "said forum" was pretty hard on MK's performance. I thought it wasn't that bad, but like I said before I like the song, and that helps me follow the program better.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Kuchana said:
Oh ok...I admire your fortitude but I'm the type that has to know right away! :)

Me too! in my schedule, ESPN lation will broadcastthe event at the end of the month, so you can see I wasn't going to wait until then to find out everything LOL!

Kuchana

On the Ice
Hikaru said:
Me too! in my schedule, ESPN lation will broadcastthe event at the end of the month, so you can see I wasn't going to wait until then to find out everything LOL!

The end of the month????? That's too long! :eek:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kuchana said:

I quite see. And sometimes I'm like that too, mostly when we have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to air... :sheesh:

Worlds will be much more in the air right now. I think Irina has the biggest chance of winning but keep in mind she'll also have the most pressure on her, skating in her hometown, X factors, etc. It'll be interesting to see how she handles it. The Americans have got to step it up judging by the (somewhat lackluster) Nationals performances. I still think if Kwan can find it within her that she's the only real contender for podium here. Cohen and Kirk, well... :laugh:

Hikaru

Final Flight
Kuchana said:
The end of the month????? That's too long! :eek:

I know!! and I don't get why, because when it was the GP series it was just a week after the event, so it was really fast compared to Nationals. They also broadcasted Marshall's very late, just last week, and that event I think was before the GP finals, which in the US I think were broadcasted around dec 27, and here it was january 1st, so not so much of a delay. They always take too long for nationals and worlds :sheesh: