Hey Toni--Photography.... | Golden Skate

Hey Toni--Photography....

I've been asked to photograph my neices wedding (her 3rd)!!! I'm nervous but excited. It's not til May 6th. If you have any advice, let me know! It'll be a quick "vows at the courthouse", some outdoor photos and then an informal reception in the evening. No garter throwing/bouquet throwing, etc. I told her to make a list of pictures she'd really like to have and I'll do my best at getting them.

(I'll be using my Canon PowerShot A20 digital camera and making a website of the photos which I'll share when done.)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
since it's informal don't worry too much! pictures are great

I didn't know you had teh same camera as I did (digital wise)

since you don't really have to worry about F stops and what not just make sure to pay attention to detail. The flash is going to be a very hard light (I do recommend flast to get everything very sharp) so if there's a way to deflect the light DO it.. otherwise they will have very hard shadows and the shiny foreheads...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
For the outside stuff, make sure you're not shooting into the sun... use the flash even if it doesn't want to(or use a tripod and a very steady hand for the shooting) make sure they're not looking directly into the sun you know the usual

if you want actual poses I can do that too... though I do enjoy the spur of the moment poses best.

Thanks, Toni!
I hope lighting won't be a problem for the outside photos...My neice is getting the latest time for the courthouse possible, which is 4:30pm. By time we get to an outdoor place, which hasn't been decided on yet, I don't know how far the sun will be down. It could be approaching dusk so I guess I'll need to use the flash.
I do plan to take the tri-pod because my Neice wants me and my hubby in some of the group family photos and there won't be anyone to take the picture if I'm in it!
I'm looking forward to it, I just hope I don't disappoint!
Actually, in 1981, I photographed her first wedding...with an OLD regular camera. The pictures turned out okay...I just used the guidelines of my wedding photo album for ideas on poses, etc. We didn't do a bunch of posed family photos in the church for that one, but did go to a park and took a bunch outside there...and a few at the house before the wedding.
I guess if she and I both make a list and I just do my best, it'll turn out good. I've got lots of time to look for tips, ideas and study my camera book to see if I'm missing any tricks.