Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For Joesitz

For Joesitz

We need to all give it up for Joe. He has been right all along.... BeBe is "THE ONE" The highlight of Nationals, I wish she was on the World team. Way to call em Joe! BTW does anyone know who we are sending to 4C?

Medalist
    International Teams Named For Upcoming Championships

(1/15/05) — U.S. Figure Skating has named the U.S. Team members for ladies, men's, pairs and ice dancing who will compete at the 2005 World Championships, Four Continents Championships and World Junior Championships.

2005 U.S. World Team

Ladies
    Michelle Kwan
    Sasha Cohen
    Jennifer Kirk
    1st alt. - Beatrisa Liang
    2nd alt. - Emily Hughes
    3rd alt. - Alissa Czisny

Men
    Johnny Weir
    Timothy Goebel
    Evan Lysacek
    1st alt. - Matt Savoie
    2nd alt. – Michael Weiss
    3rd alt. – Shaun Rogers

Ice Dancing
    Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto
    Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov
    1st alt. - Lydia Manon & Ryan O'Meara
    2nd alt. – Morgan Matthews & Maxim Zavozin
    3rd alt. – Kendra Goodwin & Brent Bommentre

Pairs
    Katie Orscher & Garrett Lucash
    Rena Inoue & John Baldwin
    1st alt. – Marcy Hinzmann & Aaron Parchem
    2nd alt. – Tiffany Scott & Philip Dulebohn
    3rd alt. – Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig

2005 U.S. Four Continents Team

Ice Dancing
    Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto
    Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov
    Lydia Manon & Ryan O'Meara
    1st alt. – Morgan Matthews & Maxim Zavozin
    2nd alt. – Kendra Goodwin & Brent Bommentre
    3rd alt. – Kate Slattery & Chuen-Gun Lee

Pairs
    Katie Orscher & Garrett Lucash
    Rena Inoue & John Baldwin
    Marcy Hinzmann & Aaron Parchem
    1st alt. – Tiffany Scott & Philip Dulebohn
    2nd alt. – Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig
    3rd alt. – Jennifer Don & Jonathon Hunt

2005 U.S. World Junior Team

Ladies
    Kimmie Meissner
    Beatrisa Liang
    Emily Hughes
    1st alt. - Alissa Czisny
    2nd alt. - Katy Taylor
    3rd alt. - Megan Williams-Stewart

Men
    Shaun Rogers
    Jordan Brauninger
    Dennis Phan
    1st alt. - Wesley Campbell
    2nd alt. – Jason Wong
    3rd alt. – Craig Ratterree

Ice Dancing
    Morgan Matthews & Maxim Zavozin
    Trina Pratt & Todd Gilles
    1st alt. - Meryl Davis &
    2nd alt. – Caitlin Mallory & Brent Holdburg
    3rd alt. – Kimmerly Lauten & Augie Hill

Pairs
    Mariel Miller & Rockne Brubaker
    Julia Vlassov & Drew Meekins
    1st alt. – Brittany Vise & Nicholas Kole
    2nd alt. – Brooke Castile & Ben Okolski
    3rd alt. – Chloe Katz & Joseph Lynch

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

4CC Mens and Ladies...

I assume they may be holding off on announcing teams until they get more confirmation about who will actually go?? I'm assuming MK, SC, Tim and Johnny might opt out long before they would opt in??

Just curious if anyone knows..

DG

I think DoggieGirl is right about naming the men and ladies for Four Continents. It looks like they are waiting to contact the skaters to see who's willing to go. In previous years the USFSA was embarrassed by designating a full team in advance, then all of the top skaters said, no thanks.

Joe and Bebe Beatrisa has that compact fire-plug body and the fiery technique to match. Her presentation is not elegant, but it's, whoooo boy, put THIS in your pipe and smoke it!

Mathman

Hey Piel - Wasn't she wonderful ? Bebe came though this year. Only a triple axel kept her from 4th and 3 skaters who have been trying for years and years kept her from 1st. As a Mets fan I know how to say, "Wait til next year!"

Mathman - She is a little dynamo but I think she could lose a poud or two, and when those braces come off, we are going to have the cutest wildest kitten on the ice.

I also take pride in my picking Johnny Weir to greatness when I first saw him at Nats in 2002 when he came out sixth instead of first and Todd, Michael, etc all skated badly.

The main reason I spend lots of dough on going to the competitions is to see new talent. I get off on that. At Dortmund, I noticed Rochette and Poykio before anyone was talking about them. Klimkin was the one I picked years ago and no one took noticed till that NHK skate in 2004.

There really are only a few up and coming skaters in the mix from all over the world. It's fun to spot them. Keep your eye on a few I am considering - not yet to make the claim:

Galleher and Gaumond Jr.Pairs
    Jeremy Abbot - Jr. Men
    Goodwin and Bommentre - Sr Dance (Manon and O'Mearer, too)
    Rey and Rey - Sr. Danced
    Jordan and Barret - Sr.Pairs
    Brandon Overett - Sr.Men
    Shaun Rogers - Sr.Men
    Megan William Stewart - Sr.Ladies and maybe: Emily Hughes, Katherine Hadford, and Erica Archambalt.

Joe

It's fun to follow their competitive careers.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    The main reason I spend lots of dough on going to the competitions is to see new talent. I get off on that. At Dortmund, I noticed Rochette and Poykio before anyone was talking about them. Klimkin was the one I picked years ago and no one took noticed till that NHK skate in 2004.
    lol I wish I had some dough to spend for competitios well, this was the first year I saw Rochette now that espn had the GP series, and I think she is one of the ladies with the best choreography, is packed with movements. She only needs to keep the timing right so that her movement doesn't go off from the music, I really love her program.

Joe -- wasn't Jeremy awesome??? OMG! I was so excited for him and all I got to see was his LP. He is the one to watch for sure...

now I could be wrong -- got sick on the plane again yeay me -- but in the USFSA scorebook he didn't have any recent competitions listed... so did he just fly in from no where and win? or am I confusing him with another kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Joe -- wasn't Jeremy awesome??? OMG! I was so excited for him and all I got to see was his LP. He is the one to watch for sure...

now I could be wrong -- got sick on the plane again yeay me -- but in the USFSA scorebook he didn't have any recent competitions listed... so did he just fly in from no where and win? or am I confusing him with another kid?
    I agree, Jeremy is one of two to watch, the other being Shaun Rogers (Seniors). I believe Jeremy qualified from one of those Sectionals.

There were so many Jr. Men who look like they could skate Seniors today. I can't believe the USA is producing good male skaters. Sorry, but I can not say the same for the Ladies. Jr. Ladies was a sorry site.

Joe

There were so many Jr. Men who look like they could skate Seniors today. I can't believe the USA is producing good male skaters. Sorry, but I can not say the same for the Ladies. Jr. Ladies was a sorry site.
    Joe, don't you think this runs in cycles? A big gang of our best junior ladies just moved up to seniors for the first time this year (most of them are still competing as juniors internationally).

MM

Custom Title
    The top 3 junior ladies at 2005 Nationals -- Sandy Rucker, Christine Zukowski, and Megan Oster -- have landed 5 different triples in competition, just not all of them at this Nationals! Oster did, however, land a 3toe-3toe in her FS, which none of the senior ladies was able to match in their FS.

The top 3 junior men -- Jeremy Abbott, Craig Ratterree and Michael Peters -- all landed the triple axel in Portland (Abbott landed the 3axel-3toe in the SP that was close to Weir-like in quality, plus he has excellent spins and senior level presentation skills). There was even a good 4toe attempt by Casey McCraw in his Jr. FS ! He fell on it, but I'm told he landed one in his FS warmup.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-21-2005 at 03:57 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia
    The top 3 junior ladies at 2005 Nationals -- Sandy Rucker, Christine Zukowski, and Megan Oster -- have landed 5 different triples in competition, just not all of them at this Nationals! Oster did, however, land a 3toe-3toe in her FS, which none of the senior ladies was able to match in their FS.
    Are you sure. I heard that the lady's winner only had 2 triples in her repository.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Only a triple axel kept her from 4th
    Actually, make that CORRECT JUDGING.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    Are you sure. I heard that the lady's winner only had 2 triples in her repository.
    Skateweb reported that Rucker landed 2 clean triples in her FS, which is correct. She skated a clean Jr. short program jumps-wise (3loop, 3lutz-2toe, 2axel) and landed 2 clean triples (lutz and loop) plus 2axel in her FS, stepped out of a 3sal and had a hand down on the 3lutz in sequence with a 2toe. She fell on a 3flip and doubled her final jump, a loop.

In her FS, Zukowski landed 2axel, 3lutz-2toe, 2flip, 3toe-2toe, 2loop and 3sal and fell on her 2nd 3lutz. Oster landed 3toe-3toe, 3lutz(turn out on one foot)-2toe, 2axel, and her final 3sal-2toe, but fell on her 3flip and popped her loop and 2nd lutz. I saw all three of them land at least one of each of the 5 triples during Nationals practices and in a major club competition (Liberty) this past summer, which is how I know they "have" the triples. It's not unusual that fewer triples are landed during Nationals under all that stress, etc.

I expect that Rucker, Zukowski and Oster will be on the JGP this fall (Zukowski and Oster each had one JGP this past season) and will move up to senior in 2005-06.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-21-2005 at 07:15 PM.

With Rucker,Zukowski and Oster. They were the three that won medals but imo, they did not skate anything special in presentation despite the triples they may have landed. I would pick Oster of the three but the other two are like .l point behind. Maybe they can improve next year.

Meanwhile the gentlemen were really outstanding.

Joe

Joe, refresh my memory... who was Shaun? What did he skate to in the long, and where did he place overall? I can't seem to find where I put my "official scorebook"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast