Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post Nationals Fun

Post Nationals Fun

Since we have a way to go until Worlds how about a little fun to keep us busy? Be creative and try to imagine what our favorite skaters were thinking as they skated in Portland. No bashing just some good natured fun a kind of written caricature of the skaters we love. I'll go first.

The Sasha Free Skate Time Line

(as she leaves the boards and takes her starting position): " Mr. Nicks is a genious, why did I ever leave him?"

(her music begins): "In 4 minutes I will be Sasha Cohen U.S. Ladies National Champion!"

(30 seconds into program): "Win this one, then Worlds and it will be move over Sarah Hughes Stars On Ice meet your new headliner!"

(1 minute);Touches down on jump. "I don't think anyone saw that."

(2 minutes): Falls. "Darn this Robin Wagner choreography! Kwan can't always be perfect so if she messes up were even."

(2 minutes 30 seconds): "Dick and Peggy shut the f*** up can't you see I'm trying to concentrate?"

(3 minutes): Begins spiral. "Kimmie might have a triple axle but she can't do this!"

(4 minutes): "Why is the crowd not on their feet? I guess I'll have to beaver cleaver them."

(back at the kiss and cry): scores come up "Where in the heck are MY 6.0s?" Nicks tries to console her "Get away from me old man!"

(back stage) talking on cell phone "Mom, Richard Callaghan is available, pack our bags we're moving to Detroit!"

Custom Title
    Piel

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

Kimmie Meissner's Mom...l.

"Well Dick, if she's a hummingbird, she's MY hummingbird and you BETTER keep your feeder in your OWN back yard!!"

DG

Why did I had the feeling, Piel, that you where going to start with Sasha ?
    My favourite line was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    (2 minutes 30 seconds): "Dick and Peggy shut the f*** up can't you see I'm trying to concentrate?"
    I swear sometimes I wish I could get into their booth and tell them just that!

Custom Title
    It's too funny.

Bolero

Michelle:

0:00 - 3:00: La-de-dah, la-de-dah, number nine, number nine. I wonder if there's a good sushi bar in town."

3:10 (She doubles her solo Lutz): La-de-dah. Oh well. How many times did Sasha fall?

3:40 (starting her footwork): OMG, I'm behind my music!

4:00 (music stops): OMG, I'm still 20 feet away from my ending position!

4:05 (she leaps, flies, lurches, toward her closing pose): OMG, its the Dortmund short program all over again!

4:06 (she skids into position)

4:07 (she throws her hands over her head in a new world record time, 0.75 seconds)

4:08 (her head goes back)

4:09 I'M DONE! LOOK, I STOPPED MOVING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Michelle:

You guys are way to creative!!! I couldn't come up with a Michelle moment for her program...well I haven't seen it so... I could only think for a moment prior to nationals... the costume decission:

**Michelle on the phone with Vera Wang**

Michelle: OK Vera, this is an important costume I want, with Title #9 on the line, Bolero music and all. I want something magical, something that says "this is the new Michelle Kwan", something no one has ever seen me wear before... How about a sleeve-less V-cut golden outfit??

Vera: Right on!!

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

Lol...

At least MK didn't end up with the V-cut on the bottom as Rena did. I bet Vera protested in that call...

"But Michelle! If the costume only goes over one shoulder, we can only implement Vicky's Secret Insert for one boob! That might look odd!"

Michelle: "Vera, I'll take my chances on the lopsided look."

DG

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Michelle:

0:00 - 3:00: La-de-dah, la-de-dah, number nine, number nine. I wonder if there's a good sushi bar in town."

Seriously though. Mathman did you really timed the program? I knew she stopped after the musics. But I'm wondering if she stopped after 4:10.

I didn't time it, but Dick Button or Terry Gannon did announce later that it was 4:09.

Custom Title
    Then it's not warrentee a deduction. But neither a 6.0.

I'm happy she won her 9th title being finally tied with the records, I believe it was one of her childhold dream. Been taught by Frankl I have no doubt of it.

I'm not happy with her performance though. Maybe I expected too much from her.

I'm happy that she is not happy with hewon performance, which means she will geare for the worlds.

INOUE/BALDWIN:

00: (John) Okay, here we go. Time to win Title #2.

1:00: (Rena) Uh oh, my dress is bunching up a bit. No biggie.

2:00: (Rena during a lift) Uh oh, that is some tight wedgie I've got going on here. Hope nobody notices.

2:00: (John): Whoa! Rena's looking mighty fine up there!

3:00: (Rena during another lift) Uh oh, this dress is caught really tight! I can't wait to get that stupid thing off of me!

3:00: (John) Whoa, baby, honey, come to your Blond Bomb! The heck with this performance! Silver is fine. I'll even take bronze. Whatever... Who cares with Rena looking so mighty fine! I can't wait 'til she gets that stupid dress off!
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 01-16-2005 at 11:50 PM.

RGal!

TANITH and BEN

Opening pose staring into each others eyes: Ben to self -"She IS gorgeous if I married her it would be Hello Turino!" Tanith to self- "He makes me laugh if I married him we would be Olympic bound!"

30 seconds: Tanith- "Pasha Gritchuk THIS is what a twizzle looks like!"

1 minute: Ben as he lifts Tanith: "She has got to cut back on the ice cream"

1 minute 30 seconds: Tanith "Tatiana may have better line, but I don't have to go home with Sasha Zhulin."

2 minutes: Ben to self-"I really want to go to the Olympics, I wonder what Naomi Lang is up to?" Tanith to self-"I really want to go to the Olympics, I wonder what Viktor Kraatz is up to?"

3 minutes: During lift - "This one's for you sky cam."

3 minutes 30 seconds: Tanith doing that little shoulder shimmy- "If Bill Clinton were still president this move would have just made me a U.S. citizen."

4 minutes: Ben- " I am exhausted but at least this year I don't have to act like a hound dog or bleed to death."

Back in the kiss and cry waiting for their marks: Together as they look at their coach "Who in the heck names their child Igor?"
    Last edited by Piel; 01-17-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Custom Title

That is hillarious.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast