Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LA Times article on US Nationals (interesting Cohen info)

Master Procrastinator

LA Times article on US Nationals (interesting Cohen info)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,1960423.story
    Quote Nicks about Sasha:

"She's also going to get back to Nicks on whether their collaboration will continue. Nicks said he hoped to hear from the Cohen family "in their interest and mine, soon."

Does this mean she might be changing coaches again?

Custom Title
    From the sounds of it, Sasha was lucky Nick's agreed to coach her. It seems she can't be too picky right about now. Does anyone think Tarasova would take her back? I don't think Robin would at this point. Sasha is "difficult" for lack of a better term. Poor Nicks!

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    If you recall, when she announced her switch from Wagner to Nicks, it was only "through Nationals". I suspect that she hoped that going back to california would be the secret to unlock her nerves during competition and allow her to win. I hope Nicks won't be another coach Sasha chooses to dump because she hasn't been able to skate cleanly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,1960423.story
    Quote Nicks about Sasha:

"She's also going to get back to Nicks on whether their collaboration will continue. Nicks said he hoped to hear from the Cohen family "in their interest and mine, soon."

Does this mean she might be changing coaches again?
    I'm more interested in what was Nicks' term on coaching Sasha.

"Following instruction absolutely."
    "Mom Cohen involved less in Sasha's skating".
    ??????

Any thought? Speculation no hurt right?

Custom Title
    I thought it was Nicks who wasn't committing to Sasha. Seems it's the other way around. I don't think there's too many other choices. Unless she's willing to move the family to Detroit and Richard Callaghan, who else is left?

Custom Title
    I read that she tried Richard Callahan and he turned her down too? He might be a good choice though, does he have any US ladies? Would Cohen risk her already hurt image by moving from California that she say she loves?

Master Procrastinator
    To make things even more "interesting", here is a link to an article translation on fsu. I am afraid it does not paint Sasha in a very favorable light.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...threadid=20873

If this article is indeed factual, this is the second time I have read that Sasha tried to get Audrey Weisenger to coach her, but she refused.

Sasha is not my favorite skater, but she is very talented and it seems as though she is going through some problems right now. I hope she finds the answer.

does audrey coach female skaters?

she seems to be another coach that likes to focus on one skater at a time

If this article is indeed factual, this is the second time I have read that Sasha tried to get Audrey Weisenger to coach her, but she refused.
    True, but in that same article Tarasova refutes this.

Master Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    True, but in that same article Tarasova refutes this.
    I have no idea if it is really true or not, but TT doesn't say it didn't happen as a fact. It is only her opinion that Sasha wouldn't do that.

I have no problem with any skater who switches coaches during the season. What I consider skeptical about is what the rationale is for the switch. I don't think we get the real reasons behind changes. Think Bobek, Kwan, Kirk, Tim, and you all know more than I just listed.

In the case of Sasha, I am just hoping it is not for her falls. Coaches do not teach falls, they teach technique. Only skaters fall. Given that, there probably is more to the reasons Sasha switches coaches. Her biggest problem, imo, is consistency. I believe a coach can help with this problem if the student is willing to follow his guidance.

Joe

Custom Title

Oh Brother...

I can't believe what I am reading. She had better get her act together and stick with Nicks. It was da__good of him to take her back, period. He taught her what she knows and he knows her better than anyone. The problem is within her and it is not her coaches. But having said that, she needs someone totally in her corner and Nicks always has been. Enough Sasha, do the right thing.

Down With It
    To make things even more "interesting", here is a link to an article translation on fsu. I am afraid it does not paint Sasha in a very favorable light.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...threadid=20873

Sasha is not my favorite skater, but she is very talented and it seems as though she is going through some problems right now. I hope she finds the answer.
    Wow, great article. Thanks for posting it and thanks to the translator for translating it

Custom Title
    I read the article before and also found it insightful. I personally don't think we should be quick to judge Sasha. She hasn't left Nicks yet. Whether or noit she will or not is their decision. However I will say before Sasha writes her performance off as a disappontment. She should look at her performances early and the year. She needs to realize it is an improvement. She's rebuilding herself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    does audrey coach female skaters?

she seems to be another coach that likes to focus on one skater at a time
    Yes. She coach Japanese skater Onda.

IMO, she better make deal with Nicks. Even Dick called Nicks an 'Old Fox' the best one. Besides as I understand Dicks basically retired (doing a lot of deep sea fishing) that means he dosn't has any elite skater with him now, so he can concentrate on Sasha alone. Also since he's the one watched her grownup it properbaly made her easy to 'TRUST' (like TT suggested in that translation) Nicks more than any other coaches.

But I got a hunch, Sasha's family may evaluateing other oppotunities with Sasha's skating carreer. Had Sasha's back injury was indeed aggrevated this fall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast