What's In Store For Emilie | Golden Skate

What's In Store For Emilie

We know she's Sarah's sister. Her LP to Tschaikowsky's Sleeping Beauty had some nice cuts from the Score. However, imo, the "Bluebird" portion which was used was not well interpreted. The music has the flute or the picolo (I'm not sure which) as the principal instrument to reflect the bluebird. She didn't seem to be able to pick up this delicate piece of music. I really don't see much presentation coming from Emilie yet.

However, she has all the triples and given her drive to win, it is expected that she will be triple axeling by next year.

What do you think of Emilie?

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Emily has potential and is definitely going to be one to watch AFTER 2006. I enjoyed her skating. Her practices were all over the place, but she knew how to skate when it counted!

shine

Record Breaker
I just lurrrrves her! She looks so much like Sarah yet skates so differently (much better actually). Her SP from Nats really got me excited, and I was really impressed with her LP at Eastern Sectionals. Now that her, Meisssner and Liang have been named to the Jr. World team, I hope all of them do wonderfully (love all three of them) and skate up to their ability!

soogar

Record Breaker
There's something about this Hughes that I really like. She's a much better skater than her sister, however I don't think that she will be as lucky as Sarah. Emily is already 5'6 and she looks like she still might be growing. Also she has a very big frame. I don't think this bodes well for her future as a top competitor. Sarah was very lucky that even though she was tall, she was very thin in SLC. But judging from how Sarah has developed and considering that the family as a whole is on the big side, I don't see Emily remaining in the top 5. This is a shame b/c that girl has such a happy smile on her face when she skates plus she has really big jumps and lots of power. I also like the way she sells her programs. She also isn't as gawky as her sister. Maybe Robin will take her on now that Emily is a top 5 skater. I would like to see her or Bebe go to the Olympics next year.

lavender

Record Breaker
soogar said:
There's something about this Hughes that I really like. She's a much better skater than her sister, however I don't think that she will be as lucky as Sarah. Emily is already 5'6 and she looks like she still might be growing. Also she has a very big frame. I don't think this bodes well for her future as a top competitor. Sarah was very lucky that even though she was tall, she was very thin in SLC. But judging from how Sarah has developed and considering that the family as a whole is on the big side, I don't see Emily remaining in the top 5. This is a shame b/c that girl has such a happy smile on her face when she skates plus she has really big jumps and lots of power. I also like the way she sells her programs. She also isn't as gawky as her sister. Maybe Robin will take her on now that Emily is a top 5 skater. I would like to see her or Bebe go to the Olympics next year.

ITA.

S

SkateFan4Life

I think Emily has potential, but she's sharing the ice with the likes of Kimmie, Bebe, and a host of other talented young skaters. I don't think she's going to be "bothered", if that's the term for it, with the knowledge that she's the little sister of an Olympic champion. I think she will continue to progress at her own speed, and perhaps someday she will emerge as a champion, despite the fact that she's sharing the ice with those other talented young skaters. Regardless of whether Emily wins medals, I just hope she enjoys the journey and has a truly satisfying and enjoyable time as a figure skater.