Hotel Rwanda | Golden Skate

Hotel Rwanda

Vash01

Medalist
Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it yesterday and I was totally moved by it. Genocide in Rwanda is not something we hear about very often and there are political reasons for it, as shown in the movie. It is very factual and not melodramatic, but it depicts the horror of it all so well. I was on the edge of my seat throughout. The acting is first rate. I hope Don Cheadle will be nominated for a best actor Oscar.

If you like serious movies, I highly recommend 'Hotel Rwanda'.

Vash

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I've heard a lot of good things about this movie, Vash. I'll have to put it on my list. The only movie I've seen so far that's an Oscar contender is the "Aviator". 42

Vash01

Medalist
Show,

I did not like the Aviator that much. It bored me. I liked Finding Neverland very much. I would love to see both Neverland and Rwanda get best pic Oscar noms.

heyang

Record Breaker
I heard about this movie when Matt Damon was on Oprah promoting Oceans 12. Don Cheadle came out briefly and Oprah kept on saying what a great performance he gave and that the movie was a must-see.

I was going to see it this weekend, but hibernated instead. Since it's going to be cold all week, I think I'll try to see it as a matinee next weekend. Fortunately, it's showing at 3 theatres in my vicinity.

If it does get nominated for an Oscar, it will probably be shown in more theaters and more people will go to see it.