Thread: Anybody that's been to Nats, Regionals, etc...

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar

Anybody that's been to Nats, Regionals, etc...

I have kind of a stupid question. Do they let you bring in your own teddy bears/flowers to give the skaters at competitions or is there some sort of a booth on site that you have to purchase them from?

Like I said, it's a stupid question, but I just want to know.

Thanks!

Custom Title
    I don't see many flowers anymore - in fact none at Nationals. Animals etc. will be OK I think. At Sectionals and Regionals there won't be a problem. Just make sure everything is completely wrapped - especially flowers.

it depends on teh rink/event

flowers have to be individually wrapped... so that nothing can fall off onto the ice...

but we saw a lot of stuff animals... but they also supply you with options there... just way too expensive :(

Custom Title
    If the arena sells stuffed animals, like at Portland this year, they may not let you bring them into the arena. I saw them taking them away from people. I had one that had been given to me by someone who could not attend and I had to sweet talk the attendant into letting me in with it so I could throw it onto the ice.

I sneaked in my lunch and sometimes dinner because I do not like Arena food anywhere in the world. Just cover up everything with lots of innocent paraphanelia.

Joe

you "sneaked" ?? just teasing

it was incredibly easy... until the ladies final... to be sneaky

if you're female bring a big purse and fill it with those certain items that many would never dig through

When I went to Nationals in 2002 I believe they didn't let you throw anything except the free stupid Chevy logo beanies! It was so silly. I still have my Chevy beanie!

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    but we saw a lot of stuff animals... but they also supply you with options there... just way too expensive :(
    That's why I asked. We plan to go to South Atlantic Regionals in Tampa as well as Nats. I thought about stocking up beforehand when I find sales. I just didn't want to have all these extra stuffed animals I couldn't do anything with. I'll definately carry a huge purse!

Anyone finding themselves with extra stuffed animals can donate them to their local police department where they will be used to comfort children involved in accidents or who's parents have been arrested.. Also, if there is a "suitcases for foster children" program in your area they are always looking for surpises to tuck inside for these kids.

just wanted to mention that one of the people I sat with snuck in a bunch of mini-bunnies... I only know this because i ended up being the one to chuck them out to the skaters I even hit the ABC monitor one time!

I think things have changed a lot since 9-11.
    At '98 Nat's in Philly we took snack crackers and even our own canned drinks with us...the soda from the concessions tasted terrible...too much city water and not enough soda syrup. I also took in a small stuffed bear which I threw to Nicole Bobek. I put it in a zip-lock baggie to keep it dry when it hit the ice.
    I simply carried the stuff in a small canvas tote bag...back then they didn't even look in the bags to see what you had as far as I can remember.

On the Ice
    Sometimes they have different vendor booths set up that you can sign your name up to a mailing list. For doing that, you get a stuffed animal to throw. However, it is pretty easy to sneak the stuffed animals in, especially if you have a child with you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    just wanted to mention that one of the people I sat with snuck in a bunch of mini-bunnies... I only know this because i ended up being the one to chuck them out to the skaters I even hit the ABC monitor one time!
    Don't forget knocking the judges scoresheet onto the ice later on. (Or was that someone else and I'm really just losing my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by mpal2
    Don't forget knocking the judges scoresheet onto the ice later on. (Or was that someone else and I'm really just losing my mind?
    that WASN'T ME!!!! That was Kat! I can't take credit for that one... I was just glad it got the attention off of my incident

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2
    Was this during the ladies' LP? She didn't look too happy.