Where are Bellemare and Watt??? | Golden Skate

Where are Bellemare and Watt???

chania36

On the Ice
I went to see the list of the competitors in the canadian national this year and those two names are not there, where are they this year??? Did Annie Bellemare retired, did Watt had problem with her arthritis???

Spinner

Rinkside
Annie has withdrawn due to injury. Not sure about Nicole Watt, but I don't think she's been at nationals the last couple years, has she?

Lynn226

On the Ice
Spinner said:
Not sure about Nicole Watt, but I don't think she's been at nationals the last couple years, has she?

I believe that she was there last year, but she had to withdraw.

chania36

On the Ice
Yes she was there last year, she did a very poor short program, she was said the year before that she was in remission of her juvenile arthritis and last year at Canadians, they announced that it has been back and it was very noticeable that she was having problems with her knees, she fell on every single jumps she did, all 3 in the short... she was devastated but said that she was not a quiter and that she would be there for the long program but unfortunately and good for her, she decided not to skate, because she was such in pain, so this is why I said good for her, why try and do more damage, she could get hurt more seriously if she would skate with her knees in that shape, so the decision was the best for her and I think that this year, she just did not make the sectionals.

Sad for Annie Bellemare, this is a pre olympic year and with her problems with controling her nerves, if she wants to be there next year, she misses a good part of her preparation. Hope she will do well soon, but with Cynthia and Joannie, her chances of doing the Olympics are going down the drain.... Just let see but for sure, Joannie is our hope for a medal at the Olympics next year.

lotusland

On the Ice
Nicole did not compete her Section event this season to qualify for Canadians. There was talk that she intended competing this year, she must have changed her mind.

Last year 2004 Canadians was in Edmonton, Nicole was registered to compete but withdrew before the qualifying round.

The year before when 2003 Canadians was in Saskatoon, Nicole was 3rd in her Qualifying group and 11th in the Short Program. She withdrew before the long.

I have read several times now that she has gone on to university (I believe she even won some kind of a scholarship) with the intension of eventually going into medicine.