Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: American Idol on NOW!

American Idol on NOW!

First show of the new season now on FOX 8 to 11 pm Eastern
    Last edited by Piel; 01-18-2005 at 08:10 PM.

I watched.
    Whew, seemed to be a few really odd-balls....that Mary for one...and the 5.9% guy....
    I enjoy getting chuckles at the terrible singers but it'll be great to get down to the nitty-gritty of watching the serious competitors battling it out.
    This is the 3rd season of watching AI for me and my hubby.
    BTW, it went off at 10pm here in NJ....it'll be on again Wed. 8-9pm Eastern.

it was too funny tonight...

Custom Title
    I watched it for the first time tonight - great show! Unfortunately, now I am addicted.........

Custom Title
    Yeah, I watched it, too, and quite frankly, a few of those people actually scared me! That Mary, boy what a Psycho Woman! And the young African American fellow with all the voices. Why would you tell the judges that you don't like people very much! Did he honestly expect to win with a comment like that? And Mary, either all of her friends are hearing impaired, or they're just as wigged out as she is, or she doesn't have any friends at all, but everyone is afraid of her and just goes along with whatever she says! I sure wouldn't want her doing my hair!

Luv Deep Edges!

Idol

My favorites:

The giant doll-man-person singing Tomorrow from Annie. Were he not so completely scary in a satanic baby-doll way, he would do well in an off off off off Broadway review. What was up with those eyes? Tell me he didn't look like a giant Cabbage Patch doll?!

Mary - prepare her place at the k-razy house right away. Singing in different voices huh? Yup, right there along with Sybil/Sally Field. Very funny - very sad.

Can't wait for St. Louis!

Tenorguy

Quote Originally Posted by JillLaQ
    Yeah, I watched it, too, and quite frankly, a few of those people actually scared me! That Mary, boy what a Psycho Woman! And Mary, either all of her friends are hearing impaired, or they're just as wigged out as she is, or she doesn't have any friends at all, but everyone is afraid of her and just goes along with whatever she says! I sure wouldn't want her doing my hair!
    What did she look like? My friend kept channel surfing :sheesh:

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    All I have seen so far are people with no talent. Have they come across anyone who can actually sing, yet? I keep hearing Paula declare on radio ads they have so many talented people this year. Where are they? So far it's been and then some!!!

Lad, that's the point of the first few episodes

I liked Carrie Underwood from last night, the one who sang "I can't make you love me" she sounds really good!

I agree with Toni, Carrie sounded marvelous. She should at least make it to top 12 I'd think.

Custom Title
    Johar, Mary has short blonde hair and bad skin. She looks tall, and built like a line backer. I think she was wearing a red outfit that was better suited for the gym. They showed her a few times as a teaser, calling her the next William Hung (or whatever his name was). The big difference was, William Hung was a cute likeable kid. This broad was scary!

Custom Title
    Was Carrie the pretty blonde? I thought she was good, too. I also liked the little African American girl, but I forget her name.

Did you see that one guy that thought he was all that? Simon more or less put him in his place. And that 16 year old girl, that just walked out while they were talking?

Isn't it funny how many people there are that really think they can sing! Didn't they ever bother to record themselves, or go to karaoke??? Who needs Chuck Barris and the Gong Show! Oh, I guess a good healthy percent of you are too young to remember that train wreck, but it was usually pretty funny.

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by JillLaQ
    Johar, Mary has short blonde hair and bad skin. She looks tall, and built like a line backer. I think she was wearing a red outfit that was better suited for the gym. They showed her a few times as a teaser, calling her the next William Hung (or whatever his name was). The big difference was, William Hung was a cute likeable kid. This broad was scary!
    Johar, Jill - Mary was doing the Gilligan look Tuesday night with a red shirt and white pants. And she was either acting for the producers or is completely NUTS. I switched to Amazing Race. I'll turn it back on when they've found some people who can sing! (And hopefully are rational - the lady who sold her wedding rings seems to want it so badly that she'd jump off a bridge were she eliminated. I hope she calms down.)
    Last season, the audition rounds were funny, but I found Tuesday's show unbelievable, and not just a little sad. Let's suppose for a moment that the producers are letting real, honest-to-goodness nut-bars in to face the judges in the hopes of better ratings. Makes me wonder how tight security is - if I were a judge, I'd be concerned! It's gotta be staged. Just my humble opinion.
    xoxo,
    Rave

What would Brian Boitano do?
    Ugh! I can't stand this part of the show. I can only watch 10 min at most. A little is funny. A whole show of it (2 hours no less!) is unbearable. I wish they would show ALL of the people that they accepted. It seems kind of stupid not to. That would allow viewers to get to know contestants, form attachments to them, and thus they'd be more interested in watching, right? Oh well, if I were so smart, I'd have come up with this show in the first place, huh?

A good article on AI: Idol article

Love the comment about Paula "clapping as if her fingers were broken" (usually I don't like much ragging on Paula, but watch her clap!)

Semi-interesting article on overestimating your own talent
    Apparently it's a whole field of research.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Lad, that's the point of the first few episodes

I liked Carrie Underwood from last night, the one who sang "I can't make you love me" she sounds really good!

So when can I tune in for the good talent? My ears can't take anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast