American Idol on NOW! | Golden Skate

American Idol on NOW!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
First show of the new season now on FOX 8 to 11 pm Eastern

Last edited:
I watched.
Whew, seemed to be a few really odd-balls....that Mary for one...and the 5.9% guy....
I enjoy getting chuckles at the terrible singers but it'll be great to get down to the nitty-gritty of watching the serious competitors battling it out.
This is the 3rd season of watching AI for me and my hubby.
BTW, it went off at 10pm here in NJ....it'll be on again Wed. 8-9pm Eastern.

Petlover

On the Ice
I watched it for the first time tonight - great show! Unfortunately, now I am addicted.........

Jill

On the Ice
Yeah, I watched it, too, and quite frankly, a few of those people actually scared me! That Mary, boy what a Psycho Woman! And the young African American fellow with all the voices. Why would you tell the judges that you don't like people very much! Did he honestly expect to win with a comment like that? And Mary, either all of her friends are hearing impaired, or they're just as wigged out as she is, or she doesn't have any friends at all, but everyone is afraid of her and just goes along with whatever she says! I sure wouldn't want her doing my hair!

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Idol

My favorites:

The giant doll-man-person singing Tomorrow from Annie. Were he not so completely scary in a satanic baby-doll way, he would do well in an off off off off Broadway review. What was up with those eyes? Tell me he didn't look like a giant Cabbage Patch doll?!

Mary - prepare her place at the k-razy house right away. Singing in different voices huh? Yup, right there along with Sybil/Sally Field. Very funny - very sad.

Can't wait for St. Louis!

Tenorguy

Johar

Medalist
JillLaQ said:
Yeah, I watched it, too, and quite frankly, a few of those people actually scared me! That Mary, boy what a Psycho Woman! And Mary, either all of her friends are hearing impaired, or they're just as wigged out as she is, or she doesn't have any friends at all, but everyone is afraid of her and just goes along with whatever she says! I sure wouldn't want her doing my hair!

What did she look like? My friend kept channel surfing :sheesh:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
All I have seen so far are people with no talent. Have they come across anyone who can actually sing, yet? I keep hearing Paula declare on radio ads they have so many talented people this year. Where are they? So far it's been :rofl: and then some!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lad, that's the point of the first few episodes ;)

I liked Carrie Underwood from last night, the one who sang "I can't make you love me" she sounds really good!

Jill

On the Ice
Johar, Mary has short blonde hair and bad skin. She looks tall, and built like a line backer. I think she was wearing a red outfit that was better suited for the gym. They showed her a few times as a teaser, calling her the next William Hung (or whatever his name was). The big difference was, William Hung was a cute likeable kid. This broad was scary!

Jill

On the Ice
Was Carrie the pretty blonde? I thought she was good, too. I also liked the little African American girl, but I forget her name.

Did you see that one guy that thought he was all that? Simon more or less put him in his place. And that 16 year old girl, that just walked out while they were talking?

Isn't it funny how many people there are that really think they can sing! Didn't they ever bother to record themselves, or go to karaoke??? Who needs Chuck Barris and the Gong Show! :rofl: Oh, I guess a good healthy percent of you are too young to remember that train wreck, but it was usually pretty funny.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
JillLaQ said:
Johar, Mary has short blonde hair and bad skin. She looks tall, and built like a line backer. I think she was wearing a red outfit that was better suited for the gym. They showed her a few times as a teaser, calling her the next William Hung (or whatever his name was). The big difference was, William Hung was a cute likeable kid. This broad was scary!

Johar, Jill - Mary was doing the Gilligan look Tuesday night with a red shirt and white pants. And she was either acting for the producers or is completely NUTS. I switched to Amazing Race. I'll turn it back on when they've found some people who can sing! (And hopefully are rational - the lady who sold her wedding rings seems to want it so badly that she'd jump off a bridge were she eliminated. I hope she calms down.)
Last season, the audition rounds were funny, but I found Tuesday's show unbelievable, and not just a little sad. Let's suppose for a moment that the producers are letting real, honest-to-goodness nut-bars in to face the judges in the hopes of better ratings. Makes me wonder how tight security is - if I were a judge, I'd be concerned! It's gotta be staged. Just my humble opinion.
xoxo,
Rave

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Ugh! I can't stand this part of the show. I can only watch 10 min at most. A little is funny. A whole show of it (2 hours no less!) is unbearable. I wish they would show ALL of the people that they accepted. It seems kind of stupid not to. That would allow viewers to get to know contestants, form attachments to them, and thus they'd be more interested in watching, right? Oh well, if I were so smart, I'd have come up with this show in the first place, huh?

A good article on AI: Idol article

Love the comment about Paula "clapping as if her fingers were broken" :rofl: (usually I don't like much ragging on Paula, but watch her clap!)

Semi-interesting article on overestimating your own talent
Apparently it's a whole field of research.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Lad, that's the point of the first few episodes ;)

I liked Carrie Underwood from last night, the one who sang "I can't make you love me" she sounds really good!

So when can I tune in for the good talent? My ears can't take anymore.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
http://www.idolonfox.com should have the schedule... I don't have it off teh top of my head...

until they get to the top 12, though, you're going to go through a lot of mediocre to crappy singing :rofl:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay, I know that I said I had sworn off AI, but I'm hooked again.........Now I'm thinking that "Constantine" (the front man for the acid rock group) could really stand out...........42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Gosh, I just love this show! As a former voice teacher, I feel pretty guilty over enjoying the rotten auditions segments. I mean, I REALLY love that part of the show. You have no idea how many people think they have singing talent when they haven't got a shred of it.

I do believe that most of the people they turned down were not that bad, just nothing special, no "it" factor. They save the really, truly awful ones to make good TV. Hey, if you are that deluded, you have no one to blame but yourself if The Trio rags on you. Unfortunately, sometimes parents do their kids a disservice and tell them how wonderful they are when, in fact, they are completely devoid of any musical talent. (Case in point: The new Brian McKnight.)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Constantine and Anwar are my favorites so far even though Anwar looks like he is channeling Bob Marley. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed the guy who could do all five of The Temptations didn't make it through (I wonder what happens when one of his voices decides IT is the lead singer, LOL?.) Mr. Cabbage Patch was just scary.

Speaking of reality TV shows, a lady in our town went to a call for "Trading Spouses". Last week they came to her house to interview and video the family. She was told that she won't know until just one week before the swap takes place if they made the show.

Last edited: