International Teams Named For Upcoming Championships | Golden Skate

International Teams Named For Upcoming Championships

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
You know, they really should send Evora & Ladwig to 4Cs as a consolation prize for screwing them over..... :mad:

World Team - As expected. Jenny very lucky.

4 Continents - Only Pairs and Dance. Why?

Junior Worlds - First rate team!!

clairecloutier

Final Flight
This is weird. Why aren't Stiegler & Magerovsky listed as alternates for Worlds and 4CC? Is it because the USFSA wants to give them more time to develop, or (God forbid) because they're breaking up already? I really hope it's not the latter! I am very, very excited about this team. I've always loved Tiffany and it's exciting to see her blossoming as an ice dancer. I think she and Sergei could have a great future ahead of them!

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
The L.A. Times reported that Jenny would be going to both Worlds and the 4CCs.

Antilles

Medalist
I also don't get why there aren't any men/women listed. I know the "top tier" never goes, but it's usually a great experience for B level teams. B&A are top five in the world, and they are going, so I think some lesser ranked skaters would be in order. Maybe it was an error that none were included.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Joe/Antilles,

The medal winners have to decide whether or not they want to go to 4Cs first.
They get first choice. If Jenny goes and Michelle and Sasha skip it, that leaves two spots for the other ladies. I think Kimmie is only slated for JWs.
The same with the men.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm assuming that Kimmie isn't going to 4C's because of her not being old enough for Senior level international competitions(?) - essentially the same reason that she can't compete at Sr World's.

Vash01

Medalist
They should have sent Bebe instead of Jenny to 4CC. The international exposure would have been good for her.

Kuchana

On the Ice
They still haven't named any U.S. ladies for 4CC????? That's strange since they've already named the other disciplines. I'm having this hope that Michelle will go, farfetched it may be.

pipsqueak

Rinkside
Ditto

JonnyCoop said:
You know, they really should send Evora & Ladwig to 4Cs as a consolation prize for screwing them over..... :mad:

AMEN, LOUD HOSANNA and so on and so forth!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
eyria said:
This is weird. Why aren't Stiegler & Magerovsky listed as alternates for Worlds and 4CC? Is it because the USFSA wants to give them more time to develop
I think USFSA would not want to send a team with only one major competition under their belt to a major International event.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
According to A.H.Black (posted elsewhere), Sergei Magerovskiy has not yet been released by the Russian Federation and will not be able to ask for a release until October.

Yes, Meissner is too young for 4 Continents as well as Worlds. I think there's still a chance that Bebe Liang might be assigned to 4CC and that she may choose to compete there over Jr. Worlds (the solo jump in the Jr. short program this year is double or triple loop and she hasn't included any loops in her programs for the past 2 years due to her injury).

The 4CC singles assignments will eventually be published at:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=28556

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Sylvia said:
According to A.H.Black (posted elsewhere), Sergei Magerovskiy has not yet been released by the Russian Federation and will not be able to ask for a release until October.
That's odd. I thought the "sit out" period was only 1 year, and at least last year Sergei competed in the US with his wife. I wonder why the sit-out hasn't thus expired automatically.

brad640

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:

Likewise for Matt Savoie. Hopefully the international judges will be more receptive to his new style, although he came in 8th at Cup of China and 16th at worlds last year. He seems to always give his best performances at nationals. Maybe the American judges intentionally held Matt back to see how Evan would hold up at worlds. I hope we see an Evan/Matt rematch at 4CC!!

Linny

Final Flight
International Exposure

Bebe already has some international exposure, having competed in a GP series.
Lin

Starrlover

Spectator
Kirk,Liang, and Corwin have been selected for 4CC's

and Its Hughes,Meissner, and Czisny to Jr. Worlds now that Bebe has declined Jr Worlds so i assume so she could do 4CC

Thanks for the update, Starrlover, and welcome!

Well, that's fair enough. Assuming that Kwan and Cohen declined, they went right down the list of Nationals:

3. Meissner
4. Kirk
5. Liang
6. Hughes
7. Czisny
8. Corwin

pairsfan

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:

They are on the updated list now. Apparently, Marcy Hinzmann is injured.

Last edited: