Great Orscher/Lucash article. | Golden Skate

Great Orscher/Lucash article.

Brenlynn - Give the gist of the article because I doubt anyone wants to register for yet another newspaper.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joe - Brenda is on her way to Canadian Nationals right now, so she might not be able to give a summary for a while :laugh:

I tried bugmenot, but I can't see how it is any more convenient than just to go ahead and register in the normal way. If you use the same login name and password on all of these newspaper sites, it is easy enough to just type it in again when a new one comes along. I suppose it helps to have a good spam blocker, though.

I have another question about sites like bugmenot that offer free web services. Who pays for it? Are sites like these maintained by rich altruists who just like to help people?

For those who don't want to register, the main thrust of the article is all the sacrifices that this team has made to get to the top. No normal social life, no opportunity to pursue other interests, crushing debt -- but it's all worth it in the end to win a gold medal.

Mathman

Mathman said:
For those who don't want to register, the main thrust of the article is all the sacrifices that this team has made to get to the top. No normal social life, no opportunity to pursue other interests, crushing debt -- but it's all worth it in the end to win a gold medal.Mathman
What is a normal social life when you are looking for gold? Literally or figuratively? If the gold is found (and it was in this case), then I'm happy that they are happy. Katie has improved soooo much and she is sooooo cute. And he is looking more like a skater and not a desperate-like plumber. :)

Joe