What's in store for Ann Patrice McDonough? | Golden Skate

What's in store for Ann Patrice McDonough?

S

SkateFan4Life

What do you think will happen with Ann Patrice, as far as her skating is concerned? Has her time already come and gone? Will she bounce back and show the kind of promise she showed a few years ago as a youngster and start to place high in international competitions? Will Ann Patrice ever win a spot on a US World Team? What about the Olympics?

I recall that at last year's Nationals, Peggy Fleming stated (to paraphrase)
"Ann Patrice is now 18 years old. It seems that she has lost some of her edge during the past year, and it's showing in this performance." AP's skating was languid at best, and mediocre at worst. She wasn't fighting for the jumps and wasn't skating with a "go for it" attitude.

Has Ann Patrice already reached her peak?

Matt

On the Ice
I think as AP got older and advanced higher in the senior ranks, there was a lot of pressure on her--be it from coaches, the federation, or her parents--to sakte and compete at such a high level, one which AP either wasn't ready to skate at or simply didn't want to. I think the pressure just got to her and she burned out and had to move on to something else. I don't think we will see AP again (which is unfortunate), but she will still be remembered by the fans

S

SkateFan4Life

hockeyfan228 said:
She's quit skating and gone to college.

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not sorry that AP is attending college, but I am sorry that she, apparently, burned out with the strain and stress of competition and with the high expectations that were placed on her.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Shopping Overload!!!

OK - seriously. Skatefan4life, you are in a rut. Enough with the "What's in store" tagline!! It's becoming more redundant than Michelle's jump layout. Freshen it up a bit!

Some suggestions:

What does the future hold for _____________ ?

What's in the cards for _________________ ?

What's in the offing for ________________ ?

What's on the horizon for ______________ ?

Any other suggestions? C'mon Skatefan, shake it up! :)

S

SkateFan4Life

Skate Sandee said:
OK - seriously. Skatefan4life, you are in a rut. Enough with the "What's in store" tagline!! It's becoming more redundant than Michelle's jump layout. Freshen it up a bit!

Some suggestions:

What does the future hold for _____________ ?

What's in the cards for _________________ ?

What's in the offing for ________________ ?

What's on the horizon for ______________ ?

Any other suggestions? C'mon Skatefan, shake it up! :)

OK, seriously, are you serious?? Why in the world would you criticize me for the title of my posts? :sheesh: Give me break. At least I introduce the subjects. Let's see you do the same. I happen to like the subjects the way they are. If you don't like them - then please introduce your own subjects.

jesslily

Final Flight
I feel disappointed to know that AP quit skating and went to college. She could attend college and still keep skating. I still remember at 2002 and 2003 Nationals she deliverd beautiful programs. After 2003 national AP switched coaches back and forth, grew a lot, and got two lousy programs from Nicolai M. Figure skating is a very sensitive sports, one or two things you did not do quite right, much more could go wrong.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe she'll do like Sarah, go to school for a year and realize just how much she misses it... who knows...

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
SkateFan4Life said:
OK, seriously, are you serious?? Why in the world would you criticize me for the title of my posts? :sheesh: Give me break. At least I introduce the subjects. Let's see you do the same. I happen to like the subjects the way they are. If you don't like them - then please introduce your own subjects.

I meant it tongue in cheek. The smiley face wasn't a clue? Maybe I should have added more. Not everyone's sense of humor is the same. Will remember that in that future. Apologies.