Senior Ladies- outfits! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies- outfits!

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Mira wore the dress again yesterday during the exhibitions...
it really wasn't THAT big on her. At least it was a pretty dress. :)

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
1. I just have to point out that I happened to be around Mira's mom a fair bit during the week. I skated so I know a 'skating mom' when I see one and I didn't see it from her mom. This mom seemed more protective of her daughter than a 'skating mom'. With Mira being so young for the amount of attention she gets can you blame her mom for being protective?

2. Mira's SP dress was quite little girlish. Maybe they don't approve of all the make-up and backless, sleeveless dresses for their young teenager. Who knows?(Note on dress too mature or skater: Jessica Dube's SP dress was way too low in the back for such a young girl!) I thought Mira's LP dress was okay.

3. Best dressed? Cynthia Phaneuf. Three performance dresses (SP, LP, ex), all gorgeous. All the practice dresses were gorgeous, too. The pink SP was my favourite.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Sk8n Mama said:
3. Best dressed? Cynthia Phaneuf. Three performance dresses (SP, LP, ex), all gorgeous. All the practice dresses were gorgeous, too. The pink SP was my favourite.

Cynthia does across as someone who's very stylish and "put together". Mira sounds like she has my kind of fashion sense. :rofl: The poor girl could probably use a make-over and I think there is a way of making her look more mature and polished without loads of makeup or low cut, womanly (ie. skanky) dresses.

I loved Amanda Billing's dresses. I never thought I'd see someone be able to pull off a bright yellow dress with a sparkling peacock down the side. :rock: Her LP dress is stunning as well.

hey,
Mira leung actually buys her dresses, which there is nothing wrng with. But relaly or her she should soo get a dress maker and find a dress that makes her look older and more elegant.

skater girl

M

Marissaontheice

mira

you guys are just starting rumors you guys said mira's family dose not have much money, that her mom is not a skating mom and very striced.....do you guys no this for real or just starting stuff how is it our bisness....its figure skating don't worrie about what this young talented girl (mira) is wearing, think about what a great skater she is...its not a fashion show..
marissa

Saundy

On the Ice
you know what...I totally agree. Sure appearance helps, but while I'm watching figure skating, I look for pure, raw talent and not what they're wearing. She's only 15 and I'd say she's to focused on her skating right now to worry so much about appearance. That may change when she's older and if it does'nt, who cares? I also didn't think her dresses were that bad. I thought they were really nice, nicer than some of the others we've seen. As it was said at the Canadians on TV last year of Mira (Tracy Wilson I do believe): "....she just says give me a costume and let me get out there and skate!"

Kathleenie

Spectator
shine said:
I was quite fascinated with Amanda Billing's dress as well, but even more so with her SKATING! :love:

I loved Amanda's skating too. She is very good, just wonderful to watch. I hope her jumps get better, as I think she could have gotten the bronze if it wasn't for that. I can't remember if she was that far off behind Mira in the overall scores.

Mira is a very good jumper but I think that her overall presentation, speed and skating skills are not as good as Amanda's.

Chan

Spectator
looks

Beautiful people do beautiful things. I think Amanda's has a great future! :agree: