2-Time Swiss Skating Champion Seeks Guinness World Record | Golden Skate

2-Time Swiss Skating Champion Seeks Guinness World Record

M

mmandel

2-Time Swiss Skating Champion Seeks Guinness World Record

www.bladesonice.com/mag/blaweb1.htm

LUCINDA RUH - 2 Time Swiss Figure Skating Champion Seeks Guinness World Record - Fastest Spin On Ice
New York, NY - Lucinda Ruh, 23, the 2 time Swiss Figure Skating Champion will be attempting the Guinness World Record on April 3, 2003 in New York City. Lucinda Ruh was in Switzerland, but has lived in Paris, Tokyo, Toronto, San Francisco, Harbin and now New York City.

She began skating at the age of three and is now known as one of the finest spinners in the world. At the age of four Lucinda and her family moved to Japan, where she and her sister skated at the Prince Ice Skating Rink in Tokyo. Over the next few years, she competed in many competitions, which included qualifications for the Japanese National Championships. She became famous in Japan with her Biellmann spin.

Lucinda skated in Swiss competitions during these years, and won her first important competition, the Arosa Trophy when she was 11 years old. At 17 years old, Lucinda and her mother moved to Toronto to work with Toller Cranston on choreography and Ellen Burka on jumping technique. After a year in Canada, they moved to San Francisco to work with Christy Ness (Kristi Yamaguchi's coach). In February 1999, Lucinda returned to Switzerland and started to work with Oliver Honer. Her excellent performances at the 1999 World Championships in Helsinki were the highlight of the 1998/99 season. After Worlds, she was invited to tour with the German Stars on Ice.

In November 2000, Lucinda turned professional and toured with Stars on Ice for the 2001/2002 season.

Lucinda now appears in skating shows worldwide and was featured recently on NBC's Diva's on Ice with Katarina Witt. She wanted to attempt the Guinness World Record to inspire children and teens to work hard to achieve their goals whether it's sports, academics or personal talents. This gifted skater also wanted to be remembered in the record books as the fastest spinner in the world. Lucinda has been clocked at 270 rpm's per minute.

Photo above by: Krista Hicks Benson

K

KwanFan1212

Re: 2-Time Swiss Skating Champion Seeks Guinness World Recor

Wow, that is TOO cool. Good luck to Lucinda! :cool:

C

CartDi

yeah....

yep, i heard about this! Lucinda rocks! but there is much more to her story, about why she turned pro so early, etc. poo! :rolleyes:

M

mmandel

Re: yeah....

I don't know. But, let me see what I can find out.

C

carlantz

Only on NBC

The last time i saw Lucinda on TV was in the 2000 profesional championship on NBC. Since then i couldnt see Lucinda cause the cable company dont have NBC. Does anybody know if there is another network or webpages that have Ruh video clips on Windows media format?