Sr Dance - OD - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Sr Dance - OD - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Notes & Comments are copyright Golden Skate. Please don't copy & paste

CAN Williamson / Olson Start 1 Place OD 12 overall 12
Notes dusty rose - very nice / people coming & going & couldn't really take notes /

CAN Hartog / St Cyr Start 2 Place OD 14 overall 14
Notes her in siny dark pink him in black / comfly with me / they're quite slow / strt steps start out flowing well but get a bit jerky / cobacabana for the spin / sbs steps she fell about 2 steps into it caught up at the mid point / dancin fool for the last bit / 19.55 / 36.51 / .

CAN Morin / Roberge Start 3 Place OD 10 overall 10
Notes missed 1st part explaining to people around me how Hartog & St cyr could be in 5th after only 2 teams have skated their OD / quickstep part has the feel of a real quick step - nice / strt steps had very good unison / I enjoyed this dance - it was very dancy & fun - maybe not the most difficult but good / 15.31 18.91 34.22 / 55.35 / .

CAN Hood / Nieckar Start 4 Place OD 13 overall 13
Notes teal / lift went on for a long time - nice / sbs steps were going very well until she fell on twizzle at end / she fell again going backward / they're skating very tentative now and are way out of sync on the diag steps / 8.86 14.17 ded 2 21/03 / 41.26 /

CAN Wing / Lowe Start 5 Place OD 3 Overall 2
Notes her in black & red diamond pattern string skirt / change of edge lift into rot lift / diag steps had plenty of continuous one foot work / cance spin ends the secion / charlestion and they're being playful sbs steps perfect syns with continous one foot work / rot lift with her changing pos / nice dance - seemed skated wel to me / 22.11 35.32 57.43 / 95.74 /.

CAN Patenaude / Denis Start 6 Place OD 6 overall 5
Notes her in sliver string skirt / starts out very lively / sbs steps 1st set of twizzles was just great he might have had a bit of bobble near end - not sure / music is now nowadays is a nice slowpiece great lift with her at his shoulder and him on one leg / picks up again for diag steps close & complex / rot lift ends the program / 18.93 29.15 48.08 / 79.51 /.

CAN Senft / Gislason Start 7 Place OD 5 overall 6
Notes her in light orange shading to yellow at hem / you must remember this / very flowey & dancey into sbs steps which is very well done with twizzles at end / with rot lift and spin to end the section / mack the knife skating is very quickstep hoppy & looks good / diag steps close with multiple pos changes / rot lift to the final pose / 19.85 29.61 49.46 / 79.46 /.

CAN Girard / Yaeger Start 8 Place OD 7 overall 7
Notes her in dark pink satin very long / moondance / change of edge lift into fast rot lift with her in splits / sbs steps seemed good pos slip by her near start / trouble going into spin she hopped around in camel pos / diag step are fast with equal work by both / rot lift into final pos / another enjoyable dance / 14.16 28.29 42.45 / 73.59 /.

CAN Dubreuil / Lauzon Start 9 Place OD 1 Overall 1
Notes her in light peink strapless / singing in the rain / start out dancing in place / nice dancey section into a gross looking rot lift with her legs spread - at least her skirt is long enough / sbs steps are well done great sync / diag steps are excellent - close equal work lots of pos changes / 24.74 40.77 65.51 /

CAN Lefebvre / Markov Start 10 Place OD 2 Overall 3
Notes her in hot pink him in tails / nice opening mves / sbs steps 1st half on one foot - matched perfected all the way through / lift with him in spread eagle into rot lift / music has change and so has their movement to match very flowy / back to quickstep diag ftwrk 1st half on one foot close- complex / pretty rot lift to end / 22.19 35.85 58.05 / 95.07 / .

CAN Csumrik / Gallagher Start 11 Place OD 8 overall 8
Notes black & silver & maroon trim / start out with strt steps matched will / lift with him on one leg her on his shoulder / spin is centered with nice low pos / dia g steps 1st half on one foot / rot lift one arm with her upside down / 14.81 23.49 38.30 /

CAN Virtue / Moir Start 12 Place OD 4 overall 4
Notes her in icy blue strapless / call me irresponsible and some nice flowey dancing to it / diag steps flowed right from the dance and were great / low facing sit to her in back cam spin / quickstep now - puttin on the ritz sbs steps very well done lots on one foot / rot lift to end is good / 23.49 32.84 56.33 /

CAN Hurst / Fotheringham Start 13 Place OD 11 overall 11
Notes dusty rose / nice & flowey bit simple / nice low spin don't like the way they exit -- looks like they can't get out of it the 'normal' way / sbs steps he's havign rouble with the twizzles fell off in both sets / rot lift is fast with her in slipts / total 55.09 /

CAN Todaro / Evans Start 14 Place OD 9 overall 9
Notes her in dark pink with feather effect on one sit / he looks really awkward on twizzles on sbs steps / fast low facing sit spin /

rain

Record Breaker
It was interesting viewing. Seeing the Canadian teams skate so close together really shows that there's Dubreuil and Lauzon, then the rest. As soon as they stepped out for their OD they were just in another league. I really like this dance - lovely soft quality and I think they totally captured the atmosphere of Singin in the Rain (though I have to say Kurt Browning's rendition will always be my favorite skating version of the music).

Interesting competition between Wing and Lowe and Lefebvre and Markov. This is going to come down to the freedance. I definitely see, if not this year then next L/M passing W/L by. I know W/L are great people etc, but I don't see them advancing much further in the dance world than where they are right now. L/M have definite charisma and the fire of divas.

LOVED the young team of Virtue and Moir. They have "future champion" written all over them. I thought they had the finest straight-line footwork in the competition - if not technically, definitely musically. I remember seeing them last year and hoping they were soon stepping up to seniors, and I was not disappointed. To already be fourth in Canada? That's a meteoric rise. I look forward to seeing their freedance.

Antilles

Medalist
Loved D&L's program. They skated it so well. Rain, I agree with you about L&M. I think their straight line footwork is what put them ahead of W&L today. Theirs was great. I haven't seen their FD yet, but it will be interesting. Has he been released by the Russian Federation yet? I know it'll be another year before they can do Worlds, but it would be nice if they could do 4CC's this year.

herios

Medalist
Antilles said:
Loved D&L's program. They skated it so well. Rain, I agree with you about L&M. I think their straight line footwork is what put them ahead of W&L today. Theirs was great. I haven't seen their FD yet, but it will be interesting. Has he been released by the Russian Federation yet? I know it'll be another year before they can do Worlds, but it would be nice if they could do 4CC's this year.

Indeed, as long as Chantal and Arseni don't make bubbles, they have a serious shot to the silver. It would be very interesting to see how the international judges will place them. Still my sentimental favourites are Wing & Lowe, I wish their dream comes through to make it to the Olympics, because they will retire next year after that.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
what i love about W&L is that it is so obvious how much they love skating when they're out there and they've been around for so long (without winning major competitions, either) but they're still skating because they love it! it's nice to see. :)