Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VCR Alert Sunday

Exclamation VCR Alert Sunday

Exhibitions will air on ABC tomorrow from 10:30 to 12:30 AM if you live on the West Coast and from 1:30 to 3:30 PM if you live on the East Coast. Check your local listings if you live somewhere in between.

I didn't stay in Portland for the exhibitions. I generally abhor them. I hope Kwan will not do that long hair pseudo sexy number and Sasha does not do yet another Juliet. Wherefore art thou, oh Romeo?

I am at a loss at what Johnny can do in the way of fluff entertainment. I'll have some interest to see. Tim will do Gershwin, and Evan has already entertained us via MGM. Do you think Michael will give us a number?

Maybe Katie and Garret can come up with some fun. I hope so. I've seen a lot of Belbin and Agosto, I would like to see if Manon and O'Mearer can up with an entertaining dance that's not over the top.

From previous experience at Nats, I think the TV version is the second half only so I am not sure if some of those talented Jr. Men, Jr. Pairs and Novice Ladies will be shown not to mention Bebe, Kimmie and Katy, Shaun Rogers, Evora and Ladwig.

You can tell, I would prefer not the obvious.

Joe

Tripping on the Podium
    My biggest worry is that this Nor'easter will knock out my power and I won't be able to tape the Exhibition! At least I have a tiny B&W battery powered tv that I had to use 4-5 years ago on a Sunday for viewing a skating competition - I sure hope I won't need it tomorrow.

Hartford CT

Down With It
    I've looked at pics of the exhibitions, and I don't really know if some people don't want to know, but just in case...SPOILER ALERT

...Judging by the pictures that people have taken of the exhibitions, looks like MK is going to do her new piece (You raise me up or something like that), and SC will stick with her Romeo and Juliet piece.

Go NJ Devils
    I think that Weir did his "Imagine" program last year. He used this for COI as well. It's quite lovely. I doubt he'll turn (harder) rock 'n roll for the exhibitions this year.

Custom Title
    For those who would like to be spoiled on Weir's exhibition, move on.

SPOILER

Weir is skating to Unchained Melody.

IT STARTS IN 10 MINUTES ON THE EAST COAST

Custom Title
    And got interrupted on the East Coast for a special news announcement that could have waited for a regular news broadcast or an entertainment news show.

..........and once again figure skating takes a back seat to the "special report" feature of a television station. Kim Meissner's skate was cut short due to a special report concerning the death of Johnny Carson. I can understand cutting into programming for World news, disasters, the death of a World leader, tragedy involving hundreds and thousands of people, but not ten minutes worth of news on the death of a comedian during programming..........42

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    Quote Originally Posted by show 42
    ..........and once again figure skating takes a back seat to the "special report" feature of a television station. Kim Meissner's skate was cut short due to a special report concerning the death of Johnny Carson. I can understand cutting into programming for World news, disasters, the death of a World leader, tragedy involving hundreds and thousands of people, but not ten minutes worth of news on the death of a comedian during programming..........42
    I agree with you. As much as Johnny Carson is popular with everyone, his death isn't worth being a "special report". Only a small percentage of a nation would care but not the whole who don't know much about him.

As much as I like Carson, I wanted to see if Kimmie would do the Triple Axel again.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic or trivialize his death, but there's a time and place for everything........if a tornado is coming my way, I want to know about it. When a person works or goes to school all week, and settles down to watch a much anticipated program, it's disconcerting to have it interrupted by news that frankly can wait until the evening news. This is why I like watching cable instead.............42

Quote Originally Posted by Johar
    As much as I like Carson, I wanted to see if Kimmie would do the Triple Axel again.
    I think she would have been crazy to try one in teh dark lighting they had going on. needless to say the program was very pretty without it...

I hate johnny's costumes, it was distracting for this program... jmho...

saw these all live, but it's nice to look back and remember!

Thumbs down

Why the hell ABC would choose to do a big blurb on Johnny Carson like that is beyond me. They just gave the competition a huge commercial. I could understand if it were NBC, but it still would have gotten me angry. His first three wives all divorced him over issues of physical abuse, but you won't hear about any of that over the next few days. Just alot of tush kissing from Leno, Letterman, and even Jimmy Kimmel now that ABC has apparently decided to join in all the obsequiousness. :boohoo:

Down With It
    If it makes you feel any better, NBC also cut into their coverage of the National Auto Show to bring in this news (although they went back to regular programming before ABC did). Also, CBS broke in after the infomercial to break the news. So it wasn't just ABC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast