Jeff Buttle, Inspiring | Golden Skate

Jeff Buttle, Inspiring

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It was pure poetry on ice. Jeff came out after an amazing skate by Chris Maybee, and laid down an almost flawless program. I was on my feet before he did his final spin - as was half the audience. This perfomance was even better than he performed in the GP final. He also beat Sandhu without even attempting a quad. It was absolutely inspiring.

The men's turned out to be really exciting. Also Shawn Sawyer won the bronze. I am so happy for him!

Laura_B

Rinkside
I'm so happy that Jeff won; his skating is brilliant, and he deserves every single point he was awarded. I was a little put off by Sandhu's comment that if he would have landed the quad he would have won. Perhaps, but Buttle was 20 points ahead overall. IMO, Buttle's choreography is much more original and unique, and his artistry is just superb. I could go on for pages about his skating. He's a joy to watch, and is just an incredibly nice person. I really hope he gets a world medal this year! :love:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m feeling very happy for Buttle´s win, but would have felt equally happy for Sandhu´s win, too. Both skaters are so great in their expressive skating and so wonderful in their music interpretation. They are different (and that is great too), but both equally great talentwise and in the artistry of their own, in my opinion.

We will see who falls apart in Worlds and who does a great skate there. Well, hopefully they both succeed there!

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Jeff!!! :party:

Congrats to ALL the medalists at Canadians!!! :party:

I wish we got the Canadian Nationals coverage in the US. :cry:

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Laura_B said:
I'm so happy that Jeff won; his skating is brilliant, and he deserves every single point he was awarded. I was a little put off by Sandhu's comment that if he would have landed the quad he would have won. Perhaps, but Buttle was 20 points ahead overall. IMO, Buttle's choreography is much more original and unique, and his artistry is just superb. I could go on for pages about his skating. He's a joy to watch, and is just an incredibly nice person. I really hope he gets a world medal this year! :love:

I agree. I am thrilled that Jeff won. Jeff has a beautiful smile too!!!

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Horray for Jeff -- his first major title!! Being the Canadian Champ will give him an edge at Worlds.