Thread: Wakamatsu & Fecteau

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Wakamatsu & Fecteau

I was totally surprised by this team! I just love them. She is a wonderful skater and they suit one another really well. I loved every minute of their program. She has to get her Canadian citizenship to qualify for the Olympics. I hope she makes it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    She has to get her Canadian citizenship to qualify for the Olympics. I hope she makes it!
    Is that likely to occur in time?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Is that likely to occur in time?

I don't know. There was not much said about it. I am assuming Skate Canada is helping her. Who knows?

Tripping on the Podium
    i agree, i really enjoyed their programs!

Yes, I think they're a great team with lots and lots of potential. With a little more polish, they'll be amazing. Congrats to them on 2nd, they did great, they deserved it. She's so tiny!! Annabelle and Pat just can't seem to pull it together, I feel sorry for them. Not making the world team, they must be very, very discouraged.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    I was totally surprised by this team! I just love them. She is a wonderful skater and they suit one another really well. I loved every minute of their program. She has to get her Canadian citizenship to qualify for the Olympics. I hope she makes it!
    I watched them live last year, a wonderful pair. She has some of the most amazing stretch

I watched them live last year, a wonderful pair. She has some of the most amazing stretch
    oK pEGGY

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    A question-that final lift of theirs that she never lands on-did they get dinged on that in COP outside Canada?

It's a very interesting element, and I like it very much, but it would perhaps qualify as a landing with complete loss of speed (-2) Or for GOE 0, it is required that flow in and OUT of the element be shown, and that the lady must land on one foot (not no feet). Since a lift has 4 sections, which include 'exit' it could be argued that it is not a complete lift, as there is no exit.

So did any of the callers/judges give them trouble on this lift?

Rinkside
    So did any of the callers/judges give them trouble on this lift?
    Assuming they ended with the same lift at NHK (3Li2 on both protocols), no, they did not get dinged. In fact, quite the opposite: +1 GOE from most judges.
    Last edited by Francilienne; 01-24-2005 at 10:20 AM.