Wakamatsu & Fecteau | Golden Skate

Wakamatsu & Fecteau

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I was totally surprised by this team! I just love them. She is a wonderful skater and they suit one another really well. I loved every minute of their program. She has to get her Canadian citizenship to qualify for the Olympics. I hope she makes it! :agree:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Is that likely to occur in time?

I don't know. There was not much said about it. I am assuming Skate Canada is helping her. Who knows?

ceg15

On the Ice
Yes, I think they're a great team with lots and lots of potential. With a little more polish, they'll be amazing. Congrats to them on 2nd, they did great, they deserved it. She's so tiny!! Annabelle and Pat just can't seem to pull it together, I feel sorry for them. Not making the world team, they must be very, very discouraged.

gezando

Final Flight
Ladskater said:
I was totally surprised by this team! I just love them. She is a wonderful skater and they suit one another really well. I loved every minute of their program. She has to get her Canadian citizenship to qualify for the Olympics. I hope she makes it! :agree:

I watched them live last year, a wonderful pair. She has some of the most amazing stretch

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A question-that final lift of theirs that she never lands on-did they get dinged on that in COP outside Canada?

It's a very interesting element, and I like it very much, but it would perhaps qualify as a landing with complete loss of speed (-2) Or for GOE 0, it is required that flow in and OUT of the element be shown, and that the lady must land on one foot (not no feet). Since a lift has 4 sections, which include 'exit' it could be argued that it is not a complete lift, as there is no exit.

So did any of the callers/judges give them trouble on this lift?

Francilienne

Spectator
So did any of the callers/judges give them trouble on this lift?

Assuming they ended with the same lift at NHK (3Li2 on both protocols), no, they did not get dinged. In fact, quite the opposite: +1 GOE from most judges.

Last edited: