Anabelle and Patrice... practice? | Golden Skate

Anabelle and Patrice... practice?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've been reading reports on other boards/journals... but I was wondering if anyone could maybe tell more? They were saying something about Anabelle being quite upset after not landing a throw, and Patrice looked indifferent to the whole situation? What's up with these skaters? anyone know?

Antilles

Medalist
Apparently they haven't landed the throw loop since Skate Canada (I don't just mean competition, I also mean practice). So, that would be a stressful situation. I hear she's quite a spitfire in general, and Patrice is just naturally laid back. Not sure it's indifference. I didn't actually see any of their practices for Canadians, except for the exhibition practice today. Obviously, it was a fairly lighthearted practice all around, but they also didn't look ecstatic.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
there were people who are big fans actually saying that Patrice looked like he generally didn't care that she was upset... I don't know as I wasn't there so I was getting worried... but your post does say a lot at least to me...

and I don't doubt that they weren't happy at teh practice... I wouldn't have been! :laugh:

lise

On the Ice
IMO, if Pat and Anabelle want to win the title, they need to stop focusing on the past and just skate. They put themselves under so much more pressure; when they had no chance of winning in 2001 in Wpg, they really skated great!!

From what I saw at this year's Nationals, I don't think we will be seeing them next season; something in me is telling me that they will split after 4CC. They are not going to Worlds, and being the pre-olympic year, that is not a good thing. I guess time will tell.

supersk8er

Rinkside
Regardless of whether or not they're breaking up, I sure like her attitude. Unlike some people this week making excuses for their not-so-great performances, ahem, Eman..., she took responsibility and didn't even blame it on the "head butt" in practice...

Chele615

Rinkside
I have always liked the fact that even when they had not so good skates they never seemed to blame it on outside factors. They always placed the blame on themselves for not getting the job done. It's refreshing to see that because there are others out there who will blame anything and everything besides themselves for why they skated poorly.

Thinking back to some of the problems they have had in the past....it has mainly been the commentators who talk about the boot problems, broken finger, sprained ankles, etc. They just seemed to kind of shrug at that.