Michelle Kwan in "Got Milk" ad | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan in "Got Milk" ad

soogar

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
A lot of people have been saying that Michelle has put on some weight. Maybe her diet has changed between the article and the ad?

I'm sure the milk people really want to take the blame for MK's bloat! Esp since they're pushing milk as a weight loss helper.
:rofl:

Honestly, I've always had a hard time believing the Kristi Yamaguchi drank milk (most asians don't) but at least AFAIK she had never come out and said she didn't use the product.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Michelle stays away from milk because, like most Asians, it disagrees with her system. She does not, however, stay away from calcium and she certainly does not say that milk should be avoided by all. It's hardly hypocrictical to endorse a product she knows is healthy for the majority of people. I hate the taste of milk, myself, but would eagerly endorse it because even though I stay away from it, I know milk is good for you. It would be hypocritical if I thought milk was a bad product, or dangerous in some way.

soogar

Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:
Michelle stays away from milk because, like most Asians, it disagrees with her system. She does not, however, stay away from calcium and she certainly does not say that milk should be avoided by all. It's hardly hypocrictical to endorse a product she knows is healthy for the majority of people. I hate the taste of milk, myself, but would eagerly endorse it because even though I stay away from it, I know milk is good for you. It would be hypocritical if I thought milk was a bad product, or dangerous in some way.

Well not really b/c the gist of the ad is that since this celebrity drinks milk you should drink it as well. I didn't catch what MK's ad is saying but usually the ad says something to the effect how milk helps the celebrity _______ and that without milk the celebrity wouldn't be able to do _______. These ads are advocating milk as the best source of Calcium.

I'm not just targeting MK here. I always roll my eyes when I hear those skinny starlets say how they eat everything yet their metabolism is so fast. Especially those actresses who weighed more in the past and now look like a bone. Yeah right.. your metabolism speeds up as you get older.

Lotta

On the Ice
MY SECOND WISH HAS COME TRUE.

Michelle Kwan is my wishmaker oh my gosh!!!!! I am falling in love with her every every day!!!! :love: :love: :love:

BY THE WAY: What magazine is this from?

Last edited:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I have no idea why some of the responses I've been reading from particular posters surprise me anymore.

Kwan is the biggest hypocrite in the world. She says she drinks milk, but really doesn't. Good lord. I think some people need to step away from the monitor.

MidnightNess

Rinkside
I agree VietgrlTerifa. From some of these posts, it sounds like someone needs a little more sugar in their tea and a little less lemon. :biggrin: :p

gezando

Final Flight
Unless the interview with the women's mag and the milk ad are running simultaneously there is no conflict at all. IIRC the women's health mag was a while back at least a year ago. BTW, when MK was in her early mid teens, her mid afternoon snack was a bananna and a cup of skim milk whipped in a blender. So she must be a hypocrite, b/c some years later, she changed her diet and told the women's mag that she got her source of Ca, from brocolli. People change, diet change.

Got milk people are advocating for healthy wt, gaining if the person is underwt, losing if they are overwt. MK is not bloated, she has a healthy wt.

Last edited:
soogar said:
Why pose for an ad when you don't use the product. Especially since these ads are practically public service announcements to get people to drink milk. She didn't have to say in her interview that she didn't drink milk. In fact, the interview was just about her fitness and diet regime. But she did say it and I think it cheapens the ad.
What celebrity who accepts an advertisement contract does it for the love of the product? Is the money irrelevant?

Joe

MKbeauty

Rinkside
re. MK

I believe she said she doesn't eat a lot of dairy. I might still have the magazine; I'll have to check.

She does look beautiful in that picture, though. :)

According to Pompon13 on the MK Forum, it's from Seventeen magazine, March issue, page 55.

MM

lavender

Record Breaker
I guess she drinks skim milk now. For awhile didn't drink (whole) milk but I liked it. I didn't drink it because it didn't agree with me. Now I drink skim or 1-2%.

Anyway, Michelle looks great. That's a beautiful picture of her.

Last edited:

IndieBoi

On the Ice
gezando said:
Unless the interview with the women's mag and the milk ad are running simultaneously there is no conflict at all. IIRC the women's health mag was a while back at least a year ago. BTW, when MK was in her early mid teens, her mid afternoon snack was a bananna and a cup of skim milk whipped in a blender. So she must be a hypocrite, b/c some years later, she changed her diet and told the women's mag that she got her source of Ca, from brocolli. People change, diet change.

Got milk people are advocating for healthy wt, gaining if the person is underwt, losing if they are overwt. MK is not bloated, she has a healthy wt.

I drank milk growing up, and tons of it... and didn't develop lactose intolerance until graduate school. I guess since I don't drink milk anymore now, had I endorsed milk for it's obvious benefits I would've been called by some as a hypocrite?! I know there's much bitterness in this world, but man!! :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh:

Can you imagine that figure skating has deteriorated into a milksplat?

Meow - Meow - Meow - Meow

Can you imagine an Eagles fan worrying over whether the halfback will lend his name to a supposedly favorite soup?

What is going on in personal lives?

Joe

brad640

On the Ice
I'm happy that there are still some skaters getting endorsements! I saw an ad for the new movie Ice Princess where Michelle plays herself as a figure skating commentator. She had a line like "This girl is obviously going to be an Olympic Champion!" She is one of the few skaters with mainstream recognition.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I must step in and say I LOVE how certain posters jump in and defend Kwan at the least slight. :rolleye: :sheesh: It starts to get old. They know Kwan's record and skill already, we don't need posters to constantly remind people of it.

Like she needs defending, anyway :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, I'll add that I FINALLY got to see the picture after trying forever to no avail. Looks like any other ordinary milk picture, I don't see anything special about it :p (Of course the Kwanatics will say, "But it's MICHELLE KWAN!!" :sheesh: :p )

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I must step in and say I LOVE how certain posters jump in and defend Kwan at the least slight. It starts to get old. They know Kwan's record and skill already, we don't need posters to constantly remind people of it.

What gets old are people slighting Michelle, or any other skater for that matter (Michael Weiss comes to mind)..........saw her picture and it is lovely..... :) 42