Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion on L&A's skating??? or relationship

Custom Title

What is your opinion on L&A's skating??? or relationship

Hi,

I would like to know with you guys what you think of the L&A situation, they could not win a Canadian title even if it was within their reach since Sale and Pelletier are not there and I would of thought that they would be already for couple of years the top team, they had this thing that we do not know what, they had this special connection when they skated and you could sense that emotion, now last year was not the same but this year is even worse, I got the feeling that the problem is not their skating but beetween them, I hate to speculate, but they just do not seem happy, if they are not happy they will not skate properly­... they might be on the verge of a brake up here, I hope not I hope they can get a grip because this team is promissed to a great future and potentialy medal at the olympics, that is how good they were, 5 in the world two years ago, is not something to close your eyes on, they should of been highgher then that last year then 8th place, this is not good when you loose grounds each year because new couples come up in senior ranks and it can be surprising sometime.

I wish for them that they get the grip they need to have a better year next year since this will be an Olympic year and I hope they go a second time but with a chance of getting a medal. Good luck to them, their season is over, no worlds, they have time to work on what is going on....

Has for the winners of this years Canadian, M&B, I am happy for them but this couple just do not do nothing for me, they do not move me, I always felt that she had a bad posture, even sloppy at times. her shoulders seems always do be down, anyway, happy for them, but do not like their skating. that is all.

Let me know your opinion on L&A.

I think they're just as frustrated as you are, and like the article that came out today said... this could either bring them closer together or rip them apart... I hope the former, rather than the latter happens, but who knows... I think their exhibition to Barbie Girl is tops, and they are a beautiful pair.... if only they could get over their mental block when it comes to their Nationals!

I think their pair stuff and 'in between' is fantasic but jumps do count and it seems like they have some sort of a mental block about the sbs jumps. I can't recall them having a great skate in a long time.

IMO... they need to do more up beat LP's then maybe they would be more relaxed? Not sure if that is the answer... I'm sure now they will be taking a really good look at what they need to change.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I had started a thread about L&A - Beautiful pair to watch, yet... I think they are a beautiful pair to watch. However, it is frustrating to see them struggle so much especially at Canadian Nationals - this should be their "cake walk" as it were. They do well internationally. It is very frustrating for such a promissing pair to keep faltering every year at the national level.

I am not sure what the problem is - maybe they overtrain. They always look so serious when they take to the ice. She needs to learn to relax a little more. Maybe she is too nervous. It's really hard to say. I am sure they are looking for the answers themselves.

I always feel so disappointed for them when they do not achieve the results they want.

Custom Title
    It has been reported on Figure Skating Iniverse that they have split up!!!!!

Go NJ Devils
    Here's the link to the thread on FSU:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...threadid=21481

Buttle "Catch The Victory" ~ Torino 2006
    I read that as well over at Figure Skating Universe about a possible "split" between these two.

As a pair's team you have to be "A TEAM" and maybe that is where they lack. They don't "connect" on the ice !!!

Of course this suppose "split" is all speculation right now. According to some people its true. But until Skate Canada gives an Official Statement, I do wish them all the best.

Tripping on the Podium
    If based solely on what I saw at Canadians this past week during the practice sessions and whatnot, then I would venture a guess that the "split" is true. They did not seem happy all week. Very few words were said between the two and when it was outside of competition, they were not seen together at all. My friends and I were commenting on how they seemed like they were fighting...but if the rumors are true, it was much more serious than we would have thought.

Since I adore them, I hope that they are not splitting up. I think they need a change of scenery. They need to be somewhere with another top team that will push them to always be on top of their game. Although Jan seems like a nice coach that did a lot for Jamie and David and for Anabelle and Patrice when they first moved to him (2002-2003 was definitely a great and successful season for LangChetto), that might not be the best place for their skating right now...especially going into an Olympic year.

However, from the FSU reports, it pretty much seems like its true and that they did in fact break up. I wish them all the best in whatever decision they ended up making after nationals.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    I
    I am not sure what the problem is - maybe they overtrain. They always look so serious when they take to the ice. She needs to learn to relax a little more. Maybe she is too nervous. It's really hard to say. I am sure they are looking for the answers themselves..
    I always thought that too, they always looked tense and uptight, she had a brooding look about her too.

It's very unfortunate, I always like them and preferred their skating above M&B and the others. They were very well trained, smooth and polished, but somehow they seemed to have either bad luck or bad nerves. I can't expain what it was.

Hmmm.....nothing on their official site about a split or lack thereof.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    That's a shame. When I first saw those two a couple of years ago, I thought for sure we were looking at World medallists within the next two years. I had a feeling, tho, that if they had another bad Canadians (as I would refer to it on this side of the border ) it was probably going to be the end of the partnership....

Custom Title

It's Official...

They just announced it on TV a few minutes ago before the Parade of Champions went off the air. Patrice is retiring from skating. Very sad....I was looking forward to those 2....

Rinkside
    aww!
    well they did split as a couple in november,,,, maybe that was the ignition to the fire?

It's now announced on the SC website. Says Patch will retire, Annabelle still to skate and looking for a new partner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast