Academy Awards Nominations Tomorrow | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Academy Awards Nominations Tomorrow

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
VIETgrlTerifa said:
I guess you'd know more than me, but please tell me where in the bible did it say that Jesus invented high tables with high chairs. I had no idea Jesus did that. I guess Jesus being as he is wasn't good enough, Gibson had to make things up to make him more appealing.

I didn't say he walked off the cross, I said it was the walking of the cross. "Off" has two "f"s. About him being beaten severly, I have know it says he was, but I really do not believe he was beaten as severely as Gibson portrayed. Nobody would have been able to walk with that heavy cross on his back if they were beaten the way Gibson showed. Even my Priest felt that Gibson over-did it just to get raw reaction from the audience. I hate the Gibson wanted to exaggerate the beating just to get people all riled up. I don't understand why he couldn't show a more accurate and believable portrayl of the walking of the cross considering that a realistic beating would have been more than enough to show how much Jesus suffered.

true the tables were a bit much... but it did humanize him -- considering that the Bible only went into His ministry -- not only that but Mel also used the visions of some nun, and then there are the books of the 'Bible' that some Catholic following use even though they are not considered part of the Bible by most sects of Christianity... so I guess that's where some of it comes from...

and I'm sorry I mis-read your post WHOOPS on my part :eek: the walking OF the cross is a highly debated part of the Bible... did he carry it very far, if he did was the beating as bad as it has been believed to be... Gibson, certainly, wanted to portray the suffering of Christ, and he did so... was he doing it for effect or just because he could, I'll give him credit and go with what he says... call me blindly following the SBC or whatever but they've said it's enough of a actual portrayl that I guess I can't argue...

there were some moving moments in the film... and considering Jesus was still God just in human form, that's where the superhuman-ness comes from, I guess.... I don't know enough about Catholic beliefs, much less the sect that Mel is a part of, to pick apart the movie to see just where he's getting influences from different parts of the movie... the part about Judas (the freakiest part of the movie for me... even more so than any part with Satan!) and the demon kids chasing him was a mixture of Bible and the nun's visions... so it's not canon but it did work to freak me out... :biggrin: and I wouldn't be surprised if he was tormented much in that same way...

anya_angie

Final Flight
BRAVO MOONPIE!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

Tell me did you see The Gospel of Mark? I have heard from www.filmtracks.com (a soundtrack site) that it is ten times better. Yet hardly anyone has heard of it. The Passion used Gospel of Mark's soundtrack as trailer music.

Re: The Passion's "cheesy dialogue," whoever said that it comes directly from the Gospels is absolutely correct. I've been reading that sort of thing with my church every Palm Sunday for years.

I must admit, Jim Caveezel really did a fantastic job in the role though, and well, to get hit with that thing in real life twice has to get some respect from me. I was shocked when I heard that.

I know one idiot who is a member of a Christian youth group by the name of CREW (Christians Radically Evangilizing their World) who will not see the film Bruce Almighty because Morgan Freeman (now a FOUR-TIME Oscar nominee) plays God. Can you say SHALLOW? Of course don't EVEN get me started on this JERK.

I told him that I was seeing SOI, he said his parents saw it the previous year and that they found "the gay Canadian's" program "sexually offensive." I was like What? Who, Rudy Galindo? He said Yes. I was FUMING! First off, STARS On Ice doesn't HAVE Rudy, CHAMPIONS On Ice does, second, the last time they were in Pittsburgh was 2002, in which Rudy did his famous VILLAGE PEOPLE medley. What is so "sexually offensive" about that? Also, since when is Rudy CANADIAN? He's Mexican-American! I should have laughed in his face and said, Kurt, gay? Wow, someone better tell his wife! :sheesh: :scowl: :rolleye:

Last edited:

anya_angie

Final Flight
Whoops!!! Sorry, I meant The Gospel of JOHN. Why do I keep thinking it was Mark? *slaps head*

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
I think we will hear a lot of the Aviator sound track on the ice next year.

If Brian Joubert does it, does this mean he's going to try and dress like the airplane??

alhuncc

Rinkside
anya_angie said:
BRAVO MOONPIE!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

I told him that I was seeing SOI, he said his parents saw it the previous year and that they found "the gay Canadian's" program "sexually offensive." I was like What? Who, Rudy Galindo? He said Yes. I was FUMING! First off, STARS On Ice doesn't HAVE Rudy, CHAMPIONS On Ice does, second, the last time they were in Pittsburgh was 2002, in which Rudy did his famous VILLAGE PEOPLE medley.

Actually the radical evangelical Christian was partly right. On the Fall 2002 Elvis Tour through Canada, Rudy Galindo did a Rocky Horror medley of "Sweet Transvestite" and "Time Warp." It was actually quite well received--except among a Figure Skaters for Christ Group which is probably still praying for Rudy's depravity and Elvis for having him in his show. It was a wonderful program, probably one of Rudy's best and most creative, especially for those who knew and enjoyed the Rocky Horror Picture Show for the many years it was a fixture in American theaters.

Rudy then tried the program out in the first couple of Champions On Ice shows that were in December, 2002. Pittsburgh was the second show, where I got to see it live and thought it was superb. However, the American audience was not nearly as positively responsive as the Canadian audiences were, and Tom Collins asked Rudy to do the Prince number for the rest of the then 2003 tour. Rudy was very disappointed as he was commited to the program. The number was highly energetic and filled with jumps and original moves. Rudy's hips became so painful during the tour that he could probably not have done it later on anyhow. The audiences' main problem seemed to be with the transvestite concept--and costume.

For those who are not faint of heart, here are some pictures and reviews of the Elvis Tour and COI. Please don't look if you think it will offend you!:
http://www.rudy-galindo.com/ElvisSk8.htm
http://www.rudy-galindo.com/coi8.htm

Amanda

anya_angie

Final Flight
Oh, in DECEMBER, I was there in August, I didn't know Pittsburgh had two stops.

Were you at the other show in Pittsburgh? I think that was May 14th

I can see why Tom Collins did not want Rudi to do a "controversial" program. COI's core audience is families with young teen or pre-teen children. He is not much interested in avant garde or pushing the envelope. COI's idea of cross-dressing is Dan Hollander's Mrs. Doubtfire.

Mathman