Did Michelle wait too long? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Did Michelle wait too long?

mzheng

Record Breaker
kareliz said:
The main thing is how she continues to engage us on such a heart level. While other skaters may jump higher, spin faster, and catch their foot over their head, I don't think any of the ladies is as sensitive, musical, expressive and connected to an audience as Michelle. I think that's what keeps us watching her with such emotional enagement. I wonder if CoP really rewards that. I am thinking not. Dang.

Agree. Also I think the years (more than a decade) she's been on top or near the top, also helped her collecting most fan base. The fact that she's being up and down through all these years makes her career more interesting than other skaters.

I had always liked her skating before 2002 season, but it was not until her heart broken experience at 2002 SLC, then skated that most moving performance FOG at the Olympics exhibition, late at 2003 came back with a such a BANG season winning Nationals and Worlds that I complete converted to a Kwan fan. She won me over more of her characters, courages and spirit than her skating alone.