Thread: American Idol - 1/25

Thumbs down American Idol - 1/25

Tonight's show was pretty lame. They milked that strange dude at the end way too long. They picked the WRONG set of twins to send to Hollywood. The minister guy was pleasant but won't make it past the next round.

That first guy will make the finals, David Brown I think was his name. Lots of charisma.

Kind of funny how they turn some people away because of their "image" yet hello! Remember a funny looking dude named CLAY AIKEN?

Considering New Orleans' history of musical contribution, it was sad that so little talent was found.

Loved David Brown too........his looks and his voice......42

was david the one who sang the Louis Armstrong version of a song? I didn't get to see him

I thought both sets of twins were as good as the other....

and I loved the Music Minister (not just because he's a minister either)... he's likeable enough.

I agree with RaltorGirl, they picked the wrong twins...or if they were letting the first set go then the 2nd set should have, too!
    David Brown was really good...the one girl they let thru was pretty good, too, but I have a feeling she may not be good enough to get to the final 12.

One of the twins from the 2nd set is going to audition in Las Vegas next week IIRC the previews correctly!

"Scooter Girl" (gag) from last season was reportedly trying out in Vegas as well... I have no clue if she made it or if she'll even be shown

Newcomer to the full American Idol season...

Perviously I've caught some of the final action, but have never *remembered* to turn it on for the full season. Thank you Tivo!! I can be senile and still see the whole thing now.

While it's sort of funny to see some of the lessor performances, I sure hope we get to see a greater % of good ones in the next few episodes!! I'll have to start taking a few notes with names so I can keep track of who is who.

I look forward to joining up with you AI fans! It will definitely give us something else to talk about than whether Sasha is trying to kill Michelle, whether so and so skater has a sexual preference of a certain nature, blah blah blah. side note: I'm thinking of starting a rumor that one of our lady Diva's has a preference for Purple People Eating Space Aliens, and just REFUSES to come out of the Cosmic Closet about it. Maybe a rumor like that would take some of the pressure off the men for a change.

DG

I really liked Scooter Girl last year and felt she got the shaft. There were many lesser talents that managed to make that cut.

Scooter girl was annoying and acted like a nut case... no way she was role model material... I hope she grew up a bit, if she made it...

did they show her?

As far as I know, they didn't show Scooter Girl.