Pairs FP | Golden Skate

Pairs FP

diver chick

On the Ice
well let's just say a can of worms has been opened according to the commentators :p

The French couple Pla/Bonheur have just skated a terrible program and everyone before them have skated decent and relatively clean programs yet the French are still in the lead.

That's the second time today it has been felt that French competitors have potentially been over marked. Dambier in the SP and now these two. I didn't see Dambiers skate but I have just seen the pairs and I am as confused as the commentators as to how these two managed to stay ahead of the others :unsure:

Hikaru

Final Flight
how was their score in the SP? 'cause sometimes if they had quite a score difference between the other couples, the score in the short program could have save their overall position. In the ISU website, the French's FS was scored as the third overall so far, but maybe they had a good score in the short and that made the difference.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
The French Pair...

....were 8th after the SP, and are sitting 6th if the LP right now, with 3 top flight pairs to go, so probably 9th in the LP after all is said and done. Their total score SP+LP is 120.2, and the three pairs right after them are very close in total scores in the 120.X, 119.X, 119.X range.

I'm not familiar with these lower tier pairs as we never get to see them in the US. Just providing some VERY general scoring info. More details here:

http://www.isufs.org/results/ec2005/SEG006.HTM

No idea who Wuzrobbed in my own opinion, but the commentary is sure interesting on Eurosport!!

DG

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
2 PETROVA Maria - TIKHONOV Alexei RUS 112.74 53.99 58.75 7.43 7.36 7.29 7.39 7.25 0.00

Grand Total: 175.89

Currently 2nd

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
2 OBERTAS Julia - SLAVNOV Sergei RUS 113.51 56.22 57.29 7.21 7.14 7.07 7.32 7.07 0.00

Grand Total: 177.10

Currently 2nd

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Congrats to Obertas & Slavnov on their first Europeans medal together!!!

winterrr

Spectator
Antilles said:
Are Z&S still injured?
Hello :)
No,but they haven't got ready for this European Championship. Dorota is good. They are training and they are going to fight for good position on World Championship in Moscow. I hope they will have medal :biggrin:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
After seeing it on TV...

Well, I had already seen T&M via the web....what a great performance just like on the web!! :)

I plan to get out the score sheets for P&T and O&S (anyone else already done this? I've only nitpicked the ladies event). Neither had great skates, but I wasn't left 100% sure in my own opinion that O&S should have been in second. Of course this is without seeing the SP's. O&S sure have some BIG moves (i.e. quad twist and some cool lifts) but they sure seemed to make a LOT of mistakes. They will sure be exciting though if they get where they can do their thing mistake free.

The Russia / China showdown at World's should be interesting. Does anyone see ANY non-Russian or non-Chinese pair making the podium?

DG

Hi, Winterrr. Thanks for posting.

So, I guess it takes a Zagorska and Siudek thread to coax you out, LOL.:)

Mathman

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After seeing the Pairs FS, I think Obertas/Slavnov ought to sit down with Tamara Moskvina and decide if they want to win Pairs medals or be contortionists.

Once again, Slavnov couldn't get Julia securely up into that lift, leaving her hanging over his shoulder like a recalcitrant bag of laundry. Have they EVER succeeded in doing that lift? It is very dangerous for her, and they don't seem to have the capability to pull it off.

The final spin was the ugliest I have ever seen.

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS? WHY?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Pairs I love T/M's FP. They skated more expressed with emotion now a little bit too causiouse. But understandable. Keep going like this they have better chance to defend their title in Mosco with this program. Did I say that? The 'concasion' doing 'magical' to Rusian lady skater' performance. Elena B., Elena S. and now Tatiana they all performed magically after experiencing a 'concawtion'?

To be fair to O/S, their lifts in LP become much more fluid now compare the ones they did at the beginning of the season.

The Turino Olympics pair podium looks more and more unpredicable.