"Orientation" of Figure Skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

"Orientation" of Figure Skaters

IDLERACER

Medalist
Red Dog said:
:laugh:But I would like to know how many of these skaters are left-handed...I wonder if that's a contributing factor. However, I'm left handed and if I did spin, I would spin couterclockwise. I think it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation...
I'm not sure about most of them, but I have definitely seen video footage of Sarah Hughes signing autographs with her right hand.

Matt

On the Ice
Doggygirl said:
It is with tongue firmly in cheek that I present a new perspective on FSOC (Figure Skater Orientation Concerns). This reporter believes that recent as well as historic discussions about FSSO (Figure Skater Sexual Orientation) have distracted us from MMSOC (Much More Significant Orientation Concerns).

This reporter believes there are only three OC's (Orientation Concerns) that are truly relevant to Figure Skating. And these OC's are definitely GN (Gender Neutral).

These important OC's include:

VO (Vertical Orientation)
HO (Horizontal Orientation)
BO (OK, I know you think that's BODY ODER. Not - It's Bi-directional Orientation)

Examples of excellent VO skaters so far this year might include people like MK, and JW. EP (well, MK too) have exhibited these VO tendencies for YEARS.

While SA exhibited lots of VO last year, she has had some problems with HO this year. And of course there is SC who has consistently had HO problems. Tim used to be almost entirely VO but for the last couple of seasons has had his own HO problems.

The BO category is best described by TD's. And this reporter AIN'T talkin' Football here. SC combined HO and BO problems in her USAN FS. BJ (STOP with the dirty minds, I'm talking Joubert here...) has had his share of challenges with the BO problem this year as he produced his own share of TD's.

So. Whether you are a RFSF (Rabid Figure Skating Fan) or an AFSF (Avid Figure Skating Fan) I hope you will join this reporter in getting our eyes on the IMPORTANT O issues.

It may not be possible to relieve the pre-World's tension, but I will still try.

;)

DG

...too many abbreviations....head hurts....need to sit down...somebody stop the spinning :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Happy to oblige...

...with a few laughs. Let me know if I need to send you an aspirin for your aching, spinning head.

DG ;)

Matt

On the Ice
:rofl:

1. Possible captions for HO Irina photo: "Next time, the barrel jumpers should move their barrels after their sesson is over" or "INCOMING!!!!"

2. Is that other photo Ekaterina Gordeeva and Ilia Kulik skating pairs? I know they were trying it out a couple of years ago.