? on missing page from Bianchetti's book | Golden Skate

? on missing page from Bianchetti's book

mpal2

Final Flight
Am I just imagining that I read that those who got a copy of Bianchetti's book with a missing page would get a replacement? I can't seem to find that again if I did read it. If it's true, who would I contact to get it?

Thanks!

mpal2

Final Flight
I've already printed the replacement page for now. I'm just wondering about more news on the replacement copy of the book. Which, btw, is mentioned on the website so at least I know I wasn't imagining that. :)

Do we need to contact them via the website to let them know if we got a copy with a missing page?

milanessa

Rinkside
I don't think we need to contact them. I got a note from Lorrie Kim that said they knew who they shipped to before the error was caught and would replace the bad copies. There's a post on the USFSA site from someone who got their corrected copy a couple of days ago so it looks like they're in the mail.

gerry

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
Am I just imagining that I read that those who got a copy of Bianchetti's book with a missing page would get a replacement? I can't seem to find that again if I did read it. If it's true, who would I contact to get it?

Thanks!
is this the new book you got at Nationals? I don't why I want to know... guess I just want to "go back there" ;) :laugh:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I didn't realize that a new copy was going to be shipped. Thanks for the info (I missed this info on the site-bad eyes :p :laugh: ). Is the new copy going to have Sonia's signature?

mpal2

Final Flight
Toni,

This is the book I brought with me to Nationals but never got around to reading while I was there. It could be that I was taking too many pictures. :biggrin: I alternate between being fascinated and disgusted when I read "Cracked Ice".

The book I bought when I was there is from Ellyn Kestnbaum called "Culture on Ice". Interestingly enough, John Baldwin is quoted as saying he wouldn't be one of those men wearing velvet or something to that effect. I'm too lazy to go get the book and give you the exact quote. Yet we had to witness that awful velvet bodysuit monstrosity during one of the practices. :laugh:

milanessa

Rinkside
dlkksk8fan said:
I didn't realize that a new copy was going to be shipped. Thanks for the info (I missed this info on the site-bad eyes :p :laugh: ). Is the new copy going to have Sonia's signature?

I got mine in the post today and it has Sonia's signature with a Christmas greeting. Kudos to the publisher for handling the problem so well. :rock:

gerry

heyang

Record Breaker
I got my replacement copy earlier this week. It hasn't made it to the top of the reading pile.

treeskater

Rinkside
I got mine on Thursday, also with Christmas greeting and signed by Sonia. This has got to be one of my all time favorite books about the world of skating - very informative and sad at the same time.