Horrible Rumor Just Heard Abt Has withdrawn frm Worlds | Golden Skate

Horrible Rumor Just Heard Abt Has withdrawn frm Worlds

D

DORISPULASKI

Horrible Rumor Just Heard Abt Has withdrawn frm Worlds

I read this on SkateFans. Does anyone know whether it is true? If so, I am so disappointed. He was one of the skaters I particularly wanted to see in DC.

If it's true, what happened?

dpp:(

W

WindSpirit5

Re: Horrible Rumor Just Heard Abt Has withdrawn frm Worlds

I've checked sport-express.ru and according to them it's true. The reason: his old ankle injury bothers him again (twisted ankle). It says that Piseev announced it yesterday. They're going to send Timchenko instead.

The link (in Russian):
www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?64764

P

Princess Leppard 625

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">NOOOOOO!!!!!! I just paid a hideous amount of money to upgrade my seats for the SP!!! (not that the amount isn't worth it for Evgeni, but I LOVE ALEXANDER'S SP!!!!)

:( :( :(

I wanted to see him with a silver medal. *sniff*

Laura</span>

L

Ladskater

DORISPULASKI:

Oh darn! I was so looking forward to seeing him skate again! Man, with all these skaters dropping out this is going to be one strange Worlds.

Ladskater

T

tharrtell

Here's to a quick recovery. The most important thing is that he takes care of his body. I had just started noticing Abt over the last two years, but definitely enjoyed his skating and will miss seeing him at Worlds. I hope this doesn't put Weiss closer to the podium ... grrr ...

S

Show 42

Yikes, they're dropping like flies........this is not good, but it's best to take care of one's body parts to prevent premature "crippling"......let's hope he has a speedy recovery. It makes you wonder if the Grand Prix had been held much earlier in the season, let's say before Christmas, could his injury have healed before Worlds? 42

P

Princess Leppard 625

<span style="color:purple;font-family:verdana;font-size:small;">Not only that, he probably would've done much better at GPF, since he was still recovering from the first injury at this year's event.

*grrr* stupid late GPF....

Laura, still :( </span>

S

Show 42

Good point, Princess. Well, anyway I still have Evgeni and Michael to look forward to (ducking rotten fruit at the mention of Michael........sorry, I like his skating!!!).........42

N

nysk8r

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Well I hope he and his ankle have a full recovery that way he can whoop some international butt next year!!!!

M

mike79

This sucks. One of the best reasons to watch Worlds is gone. Oh well, Plushenko's programs are more than enough to keep me interested.

D

Dee4707

<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">I don't want any rotten fruit thrown my way either but right now I am really anxious to see how Michael skates. I won't say anymore.

Dee</span>

J

Jules Asner

it's too bad, but thankfully the men's field is still very full....Plushenko, Klimkin, Joubert, Jeannette, Lambiel, Geobel, Wiess, Honda, Sandhu.. there's more than enough to keep me interested in the proceedings.

M

mpal2

Sigh :|

The men's event is getting less interesting as the season progresses. I always wanted to see Yagudin in competition live (or even SOI) live and he's not competing. Abt is out which depresses me.

We've got Weiss and Plushenko and I don't like either one though Plushy is 10 times better than Weiss.

I'm still undecided about Joubert though I am tending to like his skating. Maybe I'll find some underdog to root for.