Thread: Ladies SP

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

Ladies SP

Irina is still going strong. She is currently in 1st with a total of 65.02 points.

Susanna Poykio is currently 2nd with a total of 56.63.

No one else has passed the 60 point mark.

I like Irina's chances

Sokolova currently in 4th. Why, why, oh why...

Tripping on the Podium

Final standings after the SP :

Final standings after the SP :

1 SLUTSKAYA Irina RUS 65.02 1
    2 SEBESTYEN Julia HUN 61.28 2
    3 POYKIO Susanna FIN 56.63 3
    4 LIASHENKO Elena UKR 55.16 4
    5 SOKOLOVA Elena RUS 52.46 5
    6 MANIACHENKO Galina UKR 49.62 6
    7 KOSTNER Carolina ITA 49.29 7
    8 TIMOSHENKO Daria AZE 48.27 8

I am happy Julia is second (as the first place seemed promised to Irina before the competition even began) !!!

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

LP will be exciting!!

I wasn't able to catch the Audio broadcast of Irina's skate, but from reading what's been said, it sounds like she is still in top form. I'm so happy for her - I've always liked her "personality" as it's projected through interviews and so forth. And she is sure an inspiration given what's she's gone through health wise.

I was able to catch Julia's performance via live audio. It sounds like she just had an awesome performance. It's great to see some relatively close scores heading into the LP. I loved Julia's Fire and Ice music. The changes in tempo and mood must have made for a very interesting program.

I HOPE Poykio holds up in 3rd so maybe we get to see her on the US broadcast. (I HOPE we get to see more than 2 skaters, but as Joe mentioned on another thread, maybe not). I've only gotten to see her skate on TV a couple of times, but really like her.

World's should be REALLY exciting once we get the Japanese ladies, the US ladies, and especially Joannie Rochette in the mix!

Anyone else going to get up before the birds tomorrow to listen to the LP on Eurosport? If so, let's share some coffee!

DG

Custom Title
    Irina skated so well. Wonderful !
    Julia had a very good program too.

I'm hoping Sussanna will remain in 3rd if not better at the conclusion.

I also hope Galina stay on her two skates and does a great LP and the judges realize it.

What is it with the Italian wunderkind? this is Carolina's home turf.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi
    Irina skated so well. Wonderful !
    Julia had a very good program too.
    yay!! and Julia's not wearing that black bow dress! thank God for that. Actually this is the first costume she wears that I like:

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

LOL Hikaru...

I was wondering about a costume change for Julie. I'm SO glad to see this one instead of the Horror of Bows. Good for her!

DG

Custom Title
    Julia's new costume is gorgeous! It's great to see her wearing a costume that accentuates her wonderful skating instead of distracting from it.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Very interesting results. I notice that Carolina had a 1 point deduction; had she not had that, she would have been in the last group to skate in the LP.

Plus, at the lower end -- Fleur Maxwell in 10th?? Could Luxembourg pull of their first top 10 showing? Kettunen and Korpi in 11th & 12th; Finland is certainly becoming a haven for strong Ladies skating. I'm also glad to see Roxana Luca in 16th; for her, this is as good as the top 10. I've seen her skating and while it could use some improvements (tho this was almost 4 years ago), she has a certain je ne sais quois about her that makes her interesting to watch.

I wonder if Marchei will qualify for the free skate despite being 31st, since she's from the host country -- or does she not make the cut because Kostner already did??

GO SUSANNA!!!

ANd the color is just beautiful, it suits her well. I think she got tired of our rusty hanger awards lol! It's so nice to see her with a nice outfit. Hope she keeps the good style for the Free as well.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Carolina came out, landed a corker of a 3/3 combination and looked all set to put in a great performance. She had great speed across the ice and her presentation has improved drastically from two seasons ago IMO. The she stepped of her 3 and fell on her double axel.

Irina skated really well although I have to say as cute as she looked, I am not a fan of the trousers.

Julia put in a great performance, clean high jumps, good spins and footwork and good speed accross the ice throughout and the colour of her costume really suits her.

Poykio, all I can say is I am delighted for her! She skated a flawless routine, clean solid jumps. Great spins and lovely footwork and the one thing I love about Poykio over other skaters is her arm movements, she is so elegant and her arms are always in the right place

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    What's going to be especially interesting about Poykio is the fact that in the GP, her short program was the relative problem area. (Skate America - 8th in short, 1st in free; Skate Canada - 6th in short, 3rd in free). So if that form holds and she's 3rd NOW...... However, I doubt she's going to beat Irina. I'm hoping she at least maintains, though. I don't think she's ever been in a position like this going into the free, should be interesting to see how she responds to it.