Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

Hikaru

Final Flight
so far they are listed to go, and the final group should be on the ice very soon!

diver chick

On the Ice
Albena and Maxim did withdraw earlier today.

G/G skating now, very good program but with the same problems as the OD - Difficult footwork but with a tendancy to lose the speed a bit. Excellant lifts and holds. Love this program.

diver chick

On the Ice
Delobel and Schoenfelder!

All I have to say is WOW!!! I love this free program, the quality of their skating is, IMO, second to none at the moment. Their edges are so so deep and clean, they are so down in the knee and the transitions were so smooth! Love this program!

diver chick

On the Ice
Chait & Shakhnovsky

Technically a very good program but not as good for me as the French, (who incidently beat G/G on the free dance). They were out of sync a couple of times and as I have said before I do find these two just a little unpolished and frantic.

They go behind the French which I think is a fair result.

diver chick

On the Ice
N/K

Roman had a mistake on the opening twizzle section, a small mistake in the circular step sequence. In general Roman is not as sure and clean as he noramlly is, a little off on the twizzles again. Probably nothing serious enough to hurt their placement and the program really didn't do anything for me. The technical content is there without a doubt, but there is something missing.

For me I would have the French in first for the FD definitely.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
WOW!! What an exciting competition!! It's so good to see some MOVEMENT in the standings, especially among the top 5; hopefully the days of the standings remaining unchanged from the compolsuries on, are gone for good!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
ITA Johnny!

JonnyCoop said:
WOW!! What an exciting competition!! It's so good to see some MOVEMENT in the standings, especially among the top 5; hopefully the days of the standings remaining unchanged from the compolsuries on, are gone for good!!
I was monitoring the placements / scores periodically, and with rare exception things were looking like "little to no movement" up until that final group. I was GLAD to see some shifting of order at that top. I have always had a hard time believing that all the ice dancers skate the same exact way, and belong in the same exact order through all 3 phases of the competition. I WANT to become an ice dance fan!! Maybe COP will make it more of a real contest and I will learn to appreciate Ice Dance more as a sport as opposed to just cool presentations on ice.

Thanks for the detailed reports!

DG