Ladies Free Skate | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
It doesn't look like Kostner had a good free skate considering she had a fall and she must must have alot of minor errors :cry:

She is currently 1st with a totalo of 142.71 points

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Sailor...

Just wanted to let you know I'm "watching" along. Are you listening on Eurosport?

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
It's REALLY fun to hear the commentary!!

Poykio sounds like she had an exciting skate despite the 1 axel and 2 flip. I'm thrilled she might medal in the hopes we will see her on TV.

DG

Last edited:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Irina did not have a good free skate. Could she finally be defeated. We will have to find out. She is in 1st at the moment.

Maniachenko is next.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Awwwwwwww Irina had a fall! This is the lowest scroe I've seen from her :cry: We'll have to wait and see. Anyways, good luck to Julia who is still to skate.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Julia...

Irina sure left the door open. Well, I hope these ladies are getting their bad skates out of the way before Worlds. Worlds will be so much more exciting if everyone skates well.

DG

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Sebestyen into 4th.

Here are the medalists:
1. Irina Slutskaya (RUS)
2. Susanna Poykio (FIN)
3. Elena Liashenko (UKR)

Well at leatst Irina still won. This also bodes well for Finland

Hikaru

Final Flight
Julia ended up in fourth overall!! :cry:

The podium ends like this:

1. Irina Slutskaya
2. Susanna Poykio
3,. Elena Liashenko

And Irina got her record as well! Congratulations to the medalists

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
What do you guys who were "listening" (or watching in Europe).....

....think of the scoring?

At first I was a bit shocked that Irina came in first in the free with such a bad skate. But in taking a closer look at the scores, I think maybe things came out pretty correctly. Irina was "first" in PCS scores but 3rd in Tech scores. Since I was only listening but not seeing, is that about right? Her free program total score was almost 20 points lower than her personal best from Cup of Russia. Does that seem about right considering a fall and the other missed elements today?

Just wondering what other opinions are out there..

DG

Hikaru

Final Flight
It's very hard to make an opinion only listening to the comments, although anyways, I'm not an expert in FS to say if the PCS are correct or not. What I do know, is that in previous competitions Irina had scored very high 7point marks (like 7.75 and such), and in this one it was a low 7point mark (around 7.23). Not a huge difference, but of course, that is the trimmed mean, and I guess that reflects the overall score given by the judges. I hope they post the scor pages to see in detail what the judges gave.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, congratulations to Susanna for her silver medal!!! She has made history for being the first Finnish lady to win a medal in Europeans. Oh my, I´m feeling soooo happy for her. I felt so glad as it seemed clear that she will get a bronze, but then it changer into a SILVER one, WOW!!!

Matt

On the Ice
Congrats to Susanna Pöykiö! She is really one of the most underated and undermarked in FS today, IMO, and it's nice to see her finally up where she belongs in the standings.

Is she really the first Finnish lady to win a medal at Europeans (somehow I thought Kristina Wegelius won a medal at Euros back in the 1980s)? If she is, then that is fantastic for the Finnish programme and Finland in general, especially going into Worlds (IIRC, Pöykiö has finished in the top 6 or close to it the past few years).