Briant Boitano's skating special | Golden Skate

Briant Boitano's skating special

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Brian Boitano's skating special

Saw some of Brian's show today. Most of it was good, but found the one female singer grating. I was also disappointed when they featured her singing, but showed no one skating. Was that on purpose or just a camera goof? I don't mind live entertainment at these shows, but please shine the camera on the skaters!!!!! Otherwise, what is the point?

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
I missed it because they ran two hours of paid advertising and a public service announcement or something stupid like that! I don't care about any of that stupid junk. I wanted to see skating!

How can they get by doing that and who do I call to complain to?

euterpe

Medalist
I thought she had a horrible voice and had to turn the sound down. This was not one of the top skating shows on this year because the show had so many non-skating moments such as this and Carly Patterson's dumb gymnastics number.

Yet this show will be repeated twice more between now and the end of the season!

I was glad they re-aired Brian's special as the first time it was aired we got the middle 40 minutes of it chacked due to the pre-ceding basketball game running over. At that time, they cut Brian/Elvis/Steven's number, Leonova/Khavalko's solo, and other numbers. So I enjoyed seeing what I previously missed.
That was Diana DiGarmo singing, runner up in the last American Idol. I did not like her at all, I don't know what it is that people think is so good about her singing. I thought she was off-key and a waste of time on Brian's show.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I sure agree on the singer and gymnast. I have it on to watch skating, not hear someone screeching or a stupid gymnast show. I don't know why Brian would have those on. I assume he's the one deciding these factors. I was so glad they repeated it since we only got part of it last time. Can you just imagine them not showing their games if skating had run overtime. :rofl:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Johar said:
I missed it because they ran two hours of paid advertising and a public service announcement or something stupid like that! I don't care about any of that stupid junk. I wanted to see skating!

How can they get by doing that and who do I call to complain to?

You didn't miss anything, but if you still want to complain, call or write your local affiliate. They are the ones who made the decision, just like the twits here in Nebraska interrupted skating last year to announce the University had fired their football. Um, and figure skating fans care about that because....?

eta: they fired their football COACH. Not, uh, just the football....

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
Thanks!

I want to see it now, knowing there was a gymnast on. That wouldn't bother me at all since I like both sports, and it was an Olympic year.

There is no way they could interrupt an Olympic skating event with pre paid advertising, is there?

ID Nurse

Rinkside
Brian Boitano skating special

Last year, at the fan club event after one of the rehearsals, one of the producers told us that Mandalay Bay decides who the musical guest will be. He mentioned that the Event Center picks a singer they think will sell tickets. Basically he said they are given a musical guest and told to work them into the show. I don't know if Brian or White Canvas Productions were given a choice about using Carly Patterson either. (Apolo Anton Ohno was a guest in this show after he won the Olympics in 2002.)

No one skated to Diana DiGarmo's first number. I am guessing that was on purpose (and also on purpose that they had Carly do gymnastics to her second number.) No one who saw the show live thought they fit into the show, but they were told to use them, and so they did.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Great! Now we have "cut & paste" skating specials...simply insert "talent" here________ :sheesh: