Which Discipline At Worlds Are You Anticipating Most? | Golden Skate

Which Discipline At Worlds Are You Anticipating Most?

L

Ladskater

Which Discipline At Worlds Are You Anticipating Most?

I am most looking forward to the ice dance. Of course, I am cheering for Bourne and Kraatz. I usually really look forward to the pairs also, but I don't think it will be Canada's turn this year. We have some great looking pairs coming up, but they need a little more mileage yet under their belts. Next year, should be exciting for them. The men's should be also very exciting. Of course, Plushenko pretty much has it in the bag, but one never knows. Anything can happen! I hope to see Jeff Buttle in the top five and possibly Sandhu, but he is never consistent so we will have to wait and see.

Any comments?

Ladskater

C

cazzer

Go Canada!!!

GO BOURNE & KRAATZ - I'm so nervous for them I could die.

Go Emmanuel too - it's his turn finally, isn't it??

B

berthes ghost

Re: Go Canada!!!

I'm most looking foward to the Ladies, because the competition seems much tougher there, and less predictable.

Mens - I hope that Plushy has a limo waiting to take all of his friends to Vegas, he seems like such a shoe-in to win. For me, the interesting part is seeing who makes silver and bronze. Abt? Klimkin? Weiss? Tim? Honda? Jubert? Jeanette?

Pairs - I'm desperate for S&Z to win. 1. It was love at first sight. 2. Dull&Duller drive me mad. I'm starting to suspect that their actually robots.

I'd love to see A&B make the podium as well.

Dance - I'm only interested in the B&K/L&A head to head. Dance has been slowly loosing me over the years, and I honestly couldn't care which pair make bronze, they all look the same to me.

D

DORISPULASKI

Re: Go Everybody

I am really looking forward to seeing the men's competition.
I hope Klimkin, Jeannette, Joubert, Plushy, Abt, Weiss and Timmy skate their very,very,very best. I really want to see Klimkin and Jeannette live because I never have.

I am also looking forward to ice dance-I really want to see that OP of Denkova and Staviyski. And I'd like to see B&K finally win one.

The ladies will be the best competition, but they always make me very very very nervous almost to the point of not watching.

With S&P and B&S and I&Z all gone I find it very very hard to get excited about pairs this year. I'd like S&Z to win, but I'd also like to L&A,B&I,Pang and Tong, and S&O skate well. I also find it hard to like the skating of T&M and Petrova&Tikhonov.

dpp

J

Joesitz

Re: Go Everybody

Ladies - even with the withdrawal of IS, there are enough challenging skaters in the mix to make it difficult to pick the placements.

Men - No contest really for first place. The 2nd and 3rd still have me guessing.

Pairs - S&Z should walk away with this if they are on. I have no interest in placing other standardized Pairs.

Dance - No particular interest in this event except to see B&K get a long overdue break.

Joe

E

eltamina

Re: Which Discipline At Worlds Are You Anticipating Most?

Ladies, and I want B&K to win a world gold.

L

lottafs

The gals of course. :) Then the men.

J

Jules Asner

the ladies of course, then the men.

the pairs and the dance are kind of "filler" material at this point due to lack of teams that interest me.

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

ladies and pairs

M

mathman444

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"The ladies will be the best competition, but they always make me very very very nervous almost to the point of not watching." -- Doris P[/quote]That's just how I feel. The only way I can get through it is to hide around the corner and peek through my fingers.

I also like to watch the dancing, but I don't have such an emotional investment in the outcome.

Mathman

K

Kara Bear

most: dance
least: men

S

Sk8Bunny

worlds

Im looking forward to the mens event. for 2 reasons, 1.) i think brian joubert will give the top medal contenders a run for their money if he has a clean skate. i really hope he medals!!! and 2.) my coach is competiting in this event. i have never personally known anyone going to worlds, so this is way kool. dont think he will be shown on tv, but i just hope he does well. besides, it would be kool to be coached by a world medalist. lol. so yeah, the mens event is what im anticipating most. but i also am looking forward to seeing how the US ladies do. i really hope michelle can win, for her own benefeit. actually, i take that back, i hope she can skate another program like she did at nationals this year(her lp) cause she skated w/ pure passion. and if she can skate like that at worlds, then it doenst matter what place she comes in, she will have won gold in her heart. oh boy,i cant wait for worlds!
Sk8Bunny

S

Sally1214

Re: worlds

Ahh ... but of course, the MEN.
<em><span style="font-size:xx-small;">Plush .... Plush ..... Plush .... Plush ..... Plush .</span>....</em>

And, after that, I really don't have a favorite .... I love it ALL. :)
Sally

J

Jaana

The men´s and ladies events interest me most, like always. Of course I will be watching ice dance and pairs as well, but to me it is the same who wins or loses... Except that I hope that Denkova&Staviyski will skate well as this is a team I have seen in Finlandia Trophy often and really like their skating.

Marjaana

J

Joesitz

Hi Jaana - Ita on D and S if it's the team who chose the Gallup for one of their dances. Loved it and the costumes.

Joe

M

mpal2

Sk8Bunny's coach

Sk3Bunny,

Who is your coach? I am going to be at Worlds so I finally get to see everybody that tv ignores (Yeah!).

S

Sk8Bunny

coach

He's my summer coach, not my head coach, but its Ryan Jahnke. Have fun going to Worlds! Blow Brian Joubert a kiss for me, lol. :D :p (He is going to be my future husband someday....:D i can only hope....tee-hee)
Sk8Bunny

G

guinevere

which discipline?

I always anticipate the men's and ladies' the most. This year I think the ladies will be of a bit more interest, just because of the huuuuuge gap between Plush and any of the other men - no suspense, the only way he won't win is if he has a major major breakdown, which 1) I don't see happening with the lack of direct competition and 2) I wouldn't want to happen.

Although I wish that Irina were competing, the ladies competition is still going to be a crazy competition! And ITA with those who say that the ladies event is a bit hard to watch - it's such a nailbiter to see who skates cleanly, and my heart is always in my throat watching my favorites, because I'm nervous as hell about them falling!!

guinevere

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: which discipline?

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-large;">THE MEN.</span>

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:medium;">Well, one man</span>

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">But that shouldn't surprise any one who's a regular here. :p

But I do have tickets to ladies qualifying and short programs, and I am looking forward to seeing how the top ten turn out. I don't have a strong favorite, though I am partial to Michelle, Shizuka, and Victoria and I really liked Carolina Kostner's skate at Euros.

cheers,

Laura :) </span>

P

Ptichka

Re: which discipline?

Dance. It's L&A and B&K for 1/2 (I'll be rooting for L&A). But then it gets interesting. N&K, G&G, and D&S are all deserving of a medal, and only one of them will get it. Then there are W&L, D&S, C&S, B&A, and L&T, D&L who should all be in the top 10; at least one (probably more) will not be.