Thread: It's Official - Langlois and Archetto....

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

It's Official - Langlois and Archetto....

I just watched the Canadian 2005 Gala special and Rod Black announced after the show was over that Langlois and Archetto are calling it quits. Patrice decided to retire. They did not look happy to me when they skated at this years Nationals. Something was not right. Still, they did their Barbie and Ken routine and looked very relaxed for the first time in ages. It was great. I wish them the best in their future endeavours.

Custom Title
    I noticed at the end of the show, it looked like Patrice grabbed Anabelle and pulled her (quite roughly) onto the ice when their name was called. I don't know if I was just seeing things...did anyone else notice this?

Tripping on the Podium
    I haven't seen that part of the Exhibition...just what I could download from Rinkside. However, I was at Canadians and the Exhibition day (including the practices) were the happiest I saw both Anabelle and Patrice all week. They were talking to each other and smiling and goofing around during practices. However, you could tell that they were having their differences both on and off the ice throughout practices and performances throughout the week. However, I never expected it to be as serious as to warrant a breakup. There was even an article where Jan was quoted as saying that maybe they would need to break up and that what was going on would either bring them closer together or tear them apart. Looks like it tore them apart.

this sucks.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    It really sucks. They will be missed.

Custom Title
    They had so much potential. But they really didn't seem to be progressing over the past year.

Custom Title

Condolences to Joannie Rochette and her family cosmictears10's Avatar
    It's really sad that they broke up, It's kind of shocking really, but if they feel its for the best, then we have to support their decision. Best of luck to Anabelle in finding another partner, hope to see her very soon

Reading that article really sheds a different light on things. It's hard enough to be a couple when you don't work together, and then to break up and have to keep working together....I can't blame Pat for his decision.
    Can't blame Annabelle for hers to want to continue skating, either, so I hope she finds a new partner that she can mesh with.
    With a 9 year age difference, it doesn't surprise me at all that they broke up both as a romantic couple and a skating pair. 9 years is quite a gap, ultimately, Pat probably would've wanted/needed to stop skating before Annabelle.

Custom Title

A new partner

Annabelle mentioned looking for a new partner... any ideas?

Who was the Canadian that Jenny Kirk was trying pairs out with a little while back?

Linny

Custom Title
    I think it was Fedor Andreev.

Custom Title
    I was just thinking to myself...why don't Annabelle and Fedore partner up? I think that would be great!

she tried out with a Cody "something or other" Chele would know more than I would... she's been following this whole thing closer than I have

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Being in a pair team or ice dance team is like being in a marriage. Some couples just don't communicate well and that creates problems or if they are romantically involved it brings problems to their partnership on the ice. It's a shame, Anabelle and Patrice looked so good together. They really had that well matched look.

Well, all the best to them both. It will be interesting to see if she continues. I hope she finds someone she can relate to and skate well with. I don't know about Fedorev. He is an awesome skater - would be interesting.

Custom Title