Gainfully Employed! | Golden Skate

Gainfully Employed!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I accepted a job offer this week for my first job after graduating. I'm going to be the director of a day car facility at a health club. I"m really excited about the position because the club is very new so many of the programs have not been developed or implemented yet. I will get to be hands on with kids, but much of my time will be spent doing administrative stuff or working to develop and train my staff.

I'm glad I didnt jump at the first offers to come my way, and I'm so pumped to have found a job that lets me use my degree in such a non traditional environment... I have big plans to work on nutrition lessons help promote a healthy and active lifestyle for these kids. No more childhood obesity! Ok maybe I should set smaller goals than eliminating a national health epidemic single handedly. I'm just really excited.

YAY! Thanks for all the support and feed back during my job search and interviews.

Last edited:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Liz,

Congrats on your job. Best wishes for a great career.

ps---love your goals; may you find ways to make them come true.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Liz, that's fabulous! And I love your big goals! Start small, aim big. :)

(my goal is to get all of my students to love reading. *sigh*)

MOONPIE48

Rinkside
PrincessLeppard said:
Liz, that's fabulous! And I love your big goals! Start small, aim big. :)

(my goal is to get all of my students to love reading. *sigh*)

LongHorn - congrats on the job, those kids are lucky to have you looking out for them.

Princess L - how sad that kids don't love to read, reading is such a comfort to me. One of my favorite books is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith, there is a chapter that describes Franny's love for reading - she is a lonely young girl but found her friends in books. If she was restless she could read a travel book, in need of friends she would read a biography. I don't remember exactly how it was put, but i think people who don't read are really missing something. Such a great escape! When ever i feel sad or afraid i find a "comfort book" I am having dental surgery on Monday and have already chosen what book to bring with me to the dentist to keep my mind off of my mouth!

Anyway, keep plugging away with those kids, some of them at least will be grateful, what grade do you teach?

happy weekend everyone!
peace,
moonpie

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Congratulations!!

Sounds like you found a great position where you can use your skills toward achieving great goals. Best wishes to you!!

DG

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Liz, temporarily hijacking your thread...

MoonPie, I will definitely check that book out. I teach 9th graders, many from low-income/poverty level families. There isn't so much as a magazine in their houses, so it's hard to get them used to the idea of reading for pleasure. I'm working on it, though.

I now return you to the fabulous Liz and her equally fab new job.

:)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I just found out that I got the job over some internal candidates that are now part of my staff... that should go over well!!!

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Liz, I've been there, and it's uncomfortable at first. Be friendly, but not too friendly (I made that mistake) and above all (and you know this) be professional. Show them why you were picked over them, because when someone is hired over inhouse people, there's a damn good reason.

I know you'll kick ***. :rock:

:)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Way to go Liz........keep us posted as your job progresses...........42