American Idol - Finally Someone Who Can Actually Sing | Golden Skate

American Idol - Finally Someone Who Can Actually Sing

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
While watching American Idol the other night, I could not believe my ears nor my eyes; In walked a girl with blue hair who opened her mouth and outcame "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera sung with a beautiful operatic voice. The judges were speechles. They almost did not know what to do with this girl; whether she would fit their mode or not. My vote for the next American Idol is for the girl with the blue hair!!!!

đź‘Ť

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
her voice was okay... impressive, but she wasn't completely on pitch and it annoyed me... I also don't see how she'll do well if she sings like that in some of the more "pop" songs...

I also did NOT like her "image" and I hope she starts making herself look more professional (granted Brittany, Christina, and Co. all suck at the image thing too, but I don't buy their "music" either)

I kind of agree with Toni.....not only about the blue haired opera singer on AI4, but about Brittney, Christina, etc!!!
I don't like opera nor know much about it, but I thought the girl on AI was pretty darned good at it...but I do wonder how she'll be singing other types of music....will she plain sound terrible or will she sing the other genre's in opera style?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
With so many great voices out there, you need some kind of a "hook" to catch the eyes of the judges and to make them remember you. Her blue hair did the trick..............my fav so far is young Anthony, the boy who had a trach at a young age............what a wonderful voice and personality to boot.................42

merrywidow

Record Breaker
The soprano's name, I believe, is Brianna Davis. It will be interesting to follow her progress/or fall. I was very impressed with Anthony (Anatoly?)Federov & I think my other favorite (for now) was Michael Liuzza from New Orleans. Mario Vasquez sounded good & was good looking. I tho't Patrick Norman, the farm boy, sounded frightened to death. I'm reserving my judgment on him. I have the name Anwar Robinson marked. He was early on. The other man I marked was Ivan Gonchav. Was he the kareoke singer? I'm glad the auditions are over. I am bored by the those who can't carry a tune & just make fools of themselves & their families. I assume those people are tone deaf as well. I'm glad tho that this season they are putting through people with different styles & voices instead of selecting people based on what the judges think will sell.

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I don't really like Christina's music that much, either. I only have like one of her CDs, but that alone is awesome. :biggrin:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
her voice was okay... impressive, but she wasn't completely on pitch and it annoyed me... I also don't see how she'll do well if she sings like that in some of the more "pop" songs...

I also did NOT like her "image" and I hope she starts making herself look more professional (granted Brittany, Christina, and Co. all suck at the image thing too, but I don't buy their "music" either)

Well, she was a "breath of fresh air" compared to some of the other hopefuls that graced the judges stage in the last couple of weeks. At least the girl has a voice. I am sure she was a bit nervous and she did hit all the high notes - acapella - pretty darn good. At least she showed she has range. I am sure they will help her with her image and her talent will "speak for itself" in the coming weeks. If she can belt out an Andrew Lloyd Webber tune, I don't think singing pop music will be a problem for her.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
we'll see... there are those that rock the house during auditions and then during boot camp fall flat on their face. I don't take much out of the auditions (most of the time the ones that win don't even get shown during Audition rounds... Clay and Kelly were never shown in entirety, and I can't remember Ruben at all... Fantasia was the only one who had her whole audition shown.)

standing out and having blue hair, IMHO, are two completely different things

look at teh hooker looking thing in San Fran. She had a decent voice and I don't think they let her through (I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure she was the one that they sent teh message out to those who think the "sex" factor is what they're looking for)

After last season I am not expecting much, however... I still stand by my opinion that season 2 was better all the way around. :sheesh:

heyang

Record Breaker
too many faces to remember. I don't bother remember who's who until they get down to the real competition.

The kid whose mother dropped from excitement had a good voice.

I give the judges a lot of credit. It's hard to listen to so many voices in one day. They will definitely miss good people and accept so-so people, as a result. That's one of the reasons they go back and rewatch audition tapes.

If Clay can make himself over, so can almost everyone else.

Sometimes, I think they should have blind auditions 1st where they only hear a voice and don't get hooked on just an image.

Did you hear about the guy that couldn't be understood during his audition in New Orleans? He was in jail on the night his audition was on TV - so, he missed himself on TV.

mike79

On the Ice
I really like this girl. She's not the typical generic Diana DeGarmo-type that permeates the music business these days.

I could easily see this girl performing some Evanescence songs.

Tereza

Match Penalty
mike79 said:
I really like this girl. She's not the typical generic Diana DeGarmo-type that permeates the music business these days.

I could easily see this girl performing some Evanescence songs.

I actually bought Diana's CD and :cry: bah! Kelly's was a better investment. Diana has got a good voice but her songs make me vomit. I much rather listen to 50 Cent over her.

I liked Brianna Davis. I had an AI dream last night and Carrie won. (she is country girl). The crazy dude came back and did a Linkin Park song. SCARY!

Johar

Medalist
I really dig Brianna's voice! She has a unique look and I can only hope she survives boot camp this week.

Has anyone noticed that white, overweight girls seldom or never go through even when they can sing well? This has been brought up at other boards, btw.

BTW, Simon is NOT a fan of Diana DeGarmo at all. That explains the dirty looks he gave her last year.