I Stopped In At Healthsouth Today | Golden Skate

I Stopped In At Healthsouth Today

IDLERACER

Medalist
Nothing really new to report. Jenny Kirk was there, working with Ken Congemi while Yebin Mok practiced elsewhere on the ice. They're both looking great (although a little on the thin side). I can now actually tell who's there before I even enter the place, because I'm beginning to recognize the cars in the parking lot (Evan Lysacek drives a black Toyota and Jenny Kirk drives a dark blue Volvo).

On the way out, I picked up a brochure for anyone who'd like to sign their sons or daughters up for Frank Carroll's beginner's summer training camp. It's got a picture of him working with Danielle Kahle on the front which looks like it was taken a couple of years ago. I guess he's trying to subliminally point out that that's how she got started.

Linda Fratianne also has a class for slightly more advanced students, and Christa Fassi is now also working there. Surprisingly, the place still doesn't have a website, although it does have an E-Mail address where you can write for information:

[email protected]

treeskater

Rinkside
It was reported on FSU that Frank Carrol forgot to take off one of his skate guards, fell and injured his hip/femur, resting comfortably. Did you hear anything about this? Can you find out?

treeskater

Rinkside
Forget previous post - USFS put a notice up on their home page - fractured his femur and had surgery, not sure if he will go to Worlds.

I seriously doubt he would be fully recovered and able to withstand the long plane trip........

jesslily

Final Flight
I am surprised that Frank Carrol still gets on the ice to coach. Many coaches here are a lot younger than him and never wear skates coaching. They stand behind the board or sitting in the chairs. Some of them do put on skates, but stay off ice coaching.
I respect him very much just for this. Hope he recover nicely.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Oh, and one other thing...I've noticed that they've taken all the pictures of Timothy Goebel down from the walls. Gee, I can't imagine why. :rolleye:

mzheng

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
Oh, and one other thing...I've noticed that they've taken all the pictures of Timothy Goebel down from the walls. Gee, I can't imagine why. :rolleye:
Because Tim dose not train there anymore? Or may be Tim ask them to take off because of the copyright issure?

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Are there pictures of Michelle Kwan there? Maybe, Frank is too honest to capitalize on skaters that he no longer coaches. Or, even if Kwan's picture is still there, Frank Carroll might be too honest to capitalize on a skater that he "fired".

IDLERACER

Medalist
The place used to have all sorts of photos of Timothy Goebel and Michelle Kwan all over the place, but not anymore. Perhaps if Evan Lysacek, Yebin Mok, Jenny Kirk or Danielle Kahle win some sort of major award, the walls will be adorned with their mugs.

It's been awhile since I've visited the Culver ice rink, which is also near where I live. I wonder if Bebe Liang is proudly plastered all over those walls.

nicole_l

Final Flight
I am surprised that Frank Carrol still gets on the ice to coach.
Not only that, but I've seen him in the middle of the ice without any skates on, which is even more dangerous, because you can't get out of anyone's way.
:cry: