SAG awards tonight | Golden Skate

SAG awards tonight

Vash01

Medalist
I am really interested in who the actors vote for. It could be an indicator for the Oscars, but it is not always reliable.

In any case I am going to watch the SAG awards tonight.

Vash

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
at least teh Aviator didn't win... it's bad enough Leonardo DiCarprio had to speak at all... his voice annoys me :rofl: no seriously I was hoping for different outcomes for a lot of them, but at the same time CSI finally won something so that was rocking! :rock: George Eads has finally gotten his hair back now if Eric would do something with his :laugh:

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I was so glad to see Cate Blanchette win! Love her! Also, it was refreshing to see Glenn Close and Morgan Freeman win. I have been fans of theirs for years and I consider them actors who are long over due for an Oscar. The only thing that was blah about the evening was Hilary Swank going all goo goo again over Clint Eastwood in her speech. I am hoping Imelda Staunton will upset her and win the acress Oscar for Vera Drake....Once again, the only sure lock for Oscar that I see is Jamie Foxx for actor.. Outside of that its anyones race...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree that Jamie Foxx seems like the one who *will* win, but I've given up being sure on anything like that anymore...

brad640

On the Ice
equestrianguy said:
I was so glad to see Cate Blanchette win! Love her! Also, it was refreshing to see Glenn Close and Morgan Freeman win. I have been fans of theirs for years and I consider them actors who are long over due for an Oscar. The only thing that was blah about the evening was Hilary Swank going all goo goo again over Clint Eastwood in her speech. I am hoping Imelda Staunton will upset her and win the acress Oscar for Vera Drake....Once again, the only sure lock for Oscar that I see is Jamie Foxx for actor.. Outside of that its anyones race...

I agree about Hillary Swank. She was very good in Boys Don't Cry, but since then she has been in awful movies like The affair of the Necklace and The Core (where she tunnels to the center of the earth). She was okay in Million Dollar Baby, but all the other actresses in her category were better than her, especially Imelda Staunton who has no chance because no one has seen her movie.

I was thrilled that Morgan Freeman was finally recognized and got the longest applause and the only standing ovation of the night (except James Garner's life acheivement).

Jamie Foxx used the same speech from the Golden Globes and I am getting tired of him. He was great in Ray, but Don Cheadle was much better in Hotel Rwanda. I am hoping that Don Cheadle can pull an upset at the Oscars!

Vash01

Medalist
brad640 said:
I agree about Hillary Swank. She was very good in Boys Don't Cry, but since then she has been in awful movies like The affair of the Necklace and The Core (where she tunnels to the center of the earth). She was okay in Million Dollar Baby, but all the other actresses in her category were better than her, especially Imelda Staunton who has no chance because no one has seen her movie.

Jamie Foxx used the same speech from the Golden Globes and I am getting tired of him. He was great in Ray, but Don Cheadle was much better in Hotel Rwanda. I am hoping that Don Cheadle can pull an upset at the Oscars!

No, Foxx did not use the same speech as he did at the Globes. This time he told the Denzel Washington story. Regardless of the speech I believe he deserves the best actor Oscar this year, although I will not be sad if Don Cheadle gets it for Hotel Rwanda. He too was great.

Hilary Swank gave nearly the same speech as before, glorifying Eastwood, no matter how deserving he is of high praise. I have not seen M$B and Vera Drake, so it is hard for me to say if Staunton should win. I would like Bening to win for 'Being Julia'.

Vash