For figure skating fans in the Phoenix area | Golden Skate

For figure skating fans in the Phoenix area

Vash01

Medalist
A group of figure skating fans in the Phoenix area is putting together a discussion group using the format of a Toastmasters club. In case you don't know what Toastmasters are go to www.Toastmasters.org

We will be practising and improving upon our communication skills using a part of the meeting to discuss figure skating. We have planned several activities that are related to FS. They include, but are not limited to, watching videos (old and new), discussions (but not heavy debates), visiting local skating rinks, actual skating for those who want to. It is not necessary to know skating to join this club. The meetings are 1 to 1.5 hour long. They are structured as per Toastmasters meetings, which helps keep control, and they are conducted in a professional manner. This is an opportunity to kill two birds in one stone- discuss your favorite sport/hobby (FS in this case) and improve your communication skills. A small amount of fee is involved to join the group, and one has to be at least 18 years old to join. It will be well worth your time.

For information please send me a PM.

Vash

Last edited:

Margaux

Spectator
This sounds terrific and a wonderful opportunity for skating fans in the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area. I'll send you a personal e-mail and am looking forward to participating in this group!

Vash01

Medalist
Margaux said:
This sounds terrific and a wonderful opportunity for skating fans in the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area. I'll send you a personal e-mail and am looking forward to participating in this group!

Great! I look forward to hearing from you. It's going to be fun and educational.

Vash

Vash01

Medalist
I am happy to report that a group of us 'broke the ice' this weekend and held the first meeting of the new Toastmasters club (Name: On-ice Toastmasters). Future meetings are planned to cover at least 12 meetings within the year.

One of us led the discussion, and got credit for it. The group planned on various activities to be included as part of the club (e.g.watching videos, attending local shows and competitions, visiting skating rinks, and discussions).

An important part of our meetings is to give a speech (or lead a discussion) and have it evaluated. That's where Toastmasters come in. We not only learn about and discuss skating, but we also develop our communication skills.

The next meeting is planned for April 17th. Please send me an email if you are interested in attending or would like more information.

Vash